That's how long it's taking to clean that one back room of the appartment. Granted, it was the messiest one with the most junk but still! I'm pooped! There are 5 big black bags of garbage to throw out, one green recycling bin, one big bag of plasticwear, and about a dozen assorted cardboard boxes.
There is another huge pile of stuff to give away to whomever wants or needs it (I'm thinking my little bro will want most of it), and a big bag of really cool clothes for my little sister. I went through 3 pairs of latex gloves scrubbing the dirt off everything, washing the windows and the floors, and now have about 4 loads of laundry... curtains, linens, bedspreads, old dog stuffies. Can I say it again? I'm pooped! But it had to be done and I'm sooo happy to see the end of it... next weekend will be the bedroom or the kitchen.
It feels GREAT to unload, I tell you... I'm such a pack-rat, I hate throwing out anything so it just accumulates, I forget what I have because I don't use it, and I don't use what I have because I can't be bothered to dig through the piles of dusty bags and boxes - a typical catch-22. Well, I'm done with that!!
In the end, our boy did us a favor by crapping all over those boxes: it jump-started the massive spring cleaning and hey, intensive house-cleaning is a great way to burn calories!
I did take a time-out for lunch with BF on a terrasse around the corner, yummy baked spinach crepes with bechamel sauce, au gratin. Also took the kids for a walk in the green, sweet-smelling field, felt great to breathe in some fresh oxygen... my hands are parched and dry, I'm in dire need of a manicure so I think I'll spoil myself this week and actually get one (happens every 5 years or so, LOL!)
Tonight we relax, rented two movies and Thai is on the menu (oh there's something cooking on the stove and it smells great, but it's the dogs' veggie & quinoa mush mix - the humans have to get take-out!). That's it for today... aiming for another great and long night of sleep later. Had the most fun and wicked dreams last night, rrreeeeerr! Hope to catch the end of those later, LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment