Saturday, June 16, 2007

Busy, blistering hot day!

It's still 30C with the humidex right now, and I have the sweat to prove it! Thank goodness for the hour by the breezy river, next time I'm going in deeper than just my thighs - it was soo refreshing. The kids were kinda zombie-esque and had to be convinced that water is a *good* thing, after a while they were OK with swimming and shaking and rolling in the beach sand. They're nothing like Jemma, who can swim for hours and howls for more!

Everything has felt heavy since then. The air, my bones, my lungs, my head. After a quick lunch, emails and finishing the laundry - I had to lay down for an hour as I was close to passing out. I didn't sleep but it still felt good...

Now we've just come back from a 2-hour walk downtown where the street fair is still in full swing, thousands of people milling the streets, restaurant terrasses and music and bands and merchants' wares spilling onto the street in a great chaos, it was marvelous. I need to start asking a nickle from everyone who ooos and aaahs over the dogs and wants to pet them and take photographs, they could finance their food for the month this way. No, seriously, after a while it's fucking tedious. They're just dogs, get over it! grumble grumble.

Gonna crash early again tonight, I can't shake this exhaustion. The heat is really getting to me, I can't seem to regulate my body temp and it's making me feel ill. Thank God for the A/C in the bedroom - rreeeerr!

1 comment:

prin said...

You should have seen Jems yesterday... You'd think she'd be sore or something, but noooo... She stood by the door a lot of the day waiting for another swim. Tsk. There's just no pleasing that girly.

What happened to the sedentary 6 year old doggy? Oh, that's right, it's Boo. :D