Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Is it time for pie now?

Just a short drive-by posting before I hop in the shower to scrub today's sweatiness off my body... talk about "ick", sooo damn humid outside it's oppressing. But anyhoo. The hours just whizzed by my head, three days left but I can handle it...

It was so nice to see G for a coffee this afternoon, it's like we saw each other yesterday even if it's been more than a year - people change but your good friends don't and that is something precious. Hell after 19 years... it's gotta mean something. Caught up on the gossip and I still can't get over that he got MUGGED a couple months ago right here in this city!! Gasp! And he has the scar on his face to prove it, where the bastids smashed his face in the cement and winter snow and salt - jeezus krispies, what is this world coming to! I am so never walking anywhere at night without my two dogs... "come and git me!"

And then had a really cool impromptu evening visit with my friend N, she cracks me up with her tales of chocolate men as she's enjoying a strawberry sundae, he he! We even went for a drink after, the night was balmy and humid, open terrasses spilling happy laughing people onto the sidewalk, music in the air, just magical. I guess because summers are so damn short here, people try to cram in as much as they can - me included. I could have stayed out another hour but tomorrow is a busy day, 9am training - oh, that bites - need my beauty rest ;-)

No comments: