Thursday, June 14, 2007

McDonald's tried to kill me

Seriously. Don't ever snarf down a late McD lunch after an hour in the hot sun, and then attempt to drive home alone on a straight empty highway. After 45 minutes of fighting grogginess, nodding off, slapping myself in the face and blurry vision due to extreme fatigue... I did it, I nodded off at the wheel for two seconds. What saved me from a bad crash in ditch was that strip of corrugated asphalt they put on the side of the road, to jar sleepy drivers awake - guess what, it fucking works! The adrenaline rush kept me going for most of the leftover drive home but my god, was that ever scary. brrr.

It was a beautiful visit though, took many photos of my grandparents cuz every time I see them, I am afraid it's the last. My mom and F are doing such a wonderful job of taking care of them, I don't know how they do it... but they just DO, with love and devotion. Hats off to them both. I've got to run to the hairdresser's now but will blog more later, am full of stories today it seems!

No comments: