Sitting here with a hot coffee, trying to scrape the cobwebs from my brain before heading out to work - oh em gee, vacation really is ovah.
*cries*
At least I have tons of pics to keep the illusion going for a while (which I am posting in my Snapshots blog, one per day - like sucking on a caramel instead of chewing it). I have an aching stomach full of nerves, am not sure how to tackle the next couple of days without losing my sanity... why do people insist on sending you emails and requests after they've received your Out Of Office email stating that you were out on vacation? WTF?
This latte is sooooo good. Wish I had slept for more than 5 hours...
Ended up chatting with Vegas into the wee hours of the night after more emotional drama - gosh, we hadn't had a good deep talk in ages! Felt supergood and indeed, life is kinda back to normal for a while. His daughter is now back home in the UK, Melonhead is now back home with us, it's going to be a scorching hot muggy day and I'm sporting a headache... so yep, back to the way it was! LOL!
Oh and I took up crossword puzzles while on vacation - they rock! So OK I suck at it but with practice I think my muddled brain is starting to wake up a bit.
Either that, or I'm just avoiding reality.
Question of the day: Other people's children... how the heck does one cope? And can I buy the book?
/end of I'm Not Evil I'm Just Human post/
9 comments:
Erm. My answer to other people's children is to avoid them completely. Guess that's not really an option huh?
Welcome back to the reality that is day to day life. Yey. Not.
Boo with the ending of vacation :(
Glad Dakotah is back with you. Hope the rest of his recovery goes great!
Maine's state motto is "Vacationland." Maybe you should move there...since apparently it's like a vacation 24/7.
Myself, so far it's been a good run but yep, not really always an option! Meh. Happy to be back at work, how weird is that...
Sweet T, me too! Tomorrow morning he gets his post-op xrays and we will know how he is really doing... crossing fingers!
Frank, I love Maine... but it's no vacation during the winter months. Ack!
Coming back from vacation is ALWAYS harder than just staying at work...seems like punishment, but I know you will bounce back.
On the question of other peoples kids: Just befriend them (just like everyone else you meet). Forging a relationship builds emotions and you treat people you care about with love. Pretty soon - its not about them being a kid, its about having a caring relationship. Isnt that what we are all living for: relationships???
I love that motto. Made me want to live here. Although...people are really freaking me out about the winter. Everyone tells me I'm in for it. Yikes!
As for other people's children...just do your best. That's all anyone can really ask.
Daring, that's some pretty smart insight... food for thought. Thanks for that :-)
PrincessB, just remember to join the weather and not fight it and everything will be fine! Snowball fights are fun! Just make sure to get a landlord who shovels your walk *grin*
I generally ignore other peoples children but if I have to be in their company then I find a packet of sweeties to be of tremendous help. Other than that, kids are canny beasts and can scent fear a clear mile away. Remember: No Fear!
Glad you are back, I missed your looniness :o)
Sian, luckily I equipped the house with lots of sweeties and yes, that works well! Oh and a DVD player too... which was absent from the rental cottage for a week. Imagine! LOL!
Post a Comment