Wednesday, September 3, 2008

White teeth and doggy knees

Remember a couple months ago my adventure with www.matchstick.ca, where I was selected to participate in the Dove Chocolate campaign and they sent me this giant box full of goodies to share and chat about?

Well, this time it's for the new Listerine Whitening Strips - yep, got my kit yesterday and it's gonna be fun! Not that my teeth need whitening, but am still curious as to what the product actually does so I can spread the good word (or not). I tried the whitening pre-brush rinse before and can't say if it did any good as it takes weeks and weeks of diligence and I didn't have it... besides, that rinse left a gross gooey paste in my mouth in the morning if I used it at night, not really user-friendly. So I chucked it.

I'll let you know how the experience with these "quick dissolving strips" go... they're supposed to melt away after a few minutes, so let's see. I hope they don't taste too gross. I have issues with having junk in my mouth.

Get your minds out of the gutter. Tsk.

We're off to the vet's again this morning with Dakotah (aka Melonhead), he's due for his six week post-op xrays to see if his knee is healing properly or not. Looks a bit swollen to me and of course he still limps a bit, but it's still 2.5 months until an expected full recovery so we'll see what the vet says.

If the news is bad, I don't know what we'll do... he cannot go back to my friend's place, so we'd have to manage somehow. Ghaaah!

*sips nervously at coffee*

That being said, we're both missing another morning of work, my head is still pounding after three miserable days (frigg off you asshat migraine!), it's again expected to be sweltering hot today (31C or 88F plus humidity) and all my clothes are either in the hamper waiting to be washed or on the giant ironing pile soooo it took me half an hour to find something suitable to wear, I feel like a lump.

Ain't it grand! :-D

Vanity amuses me... specially when it's me at 8am still groggy in my short silk teddy on hands and knees on the wood living room floor, scrubbing at a huge pile of melted dog crap while trying not to gag on the stench. Yep. Good morning, Montreal!

/end of I Love Adventures post/


22 comments:

Curly said...

melted dog crap? what?? :(

Dolce said...

I'm a big fan of pearly white, but those sucker hurt my teeth! They make me feel like I have braces on again.

myself said...

Erm. YUCK?

They don't taste too bad, I haven't blogged on the subject yet myself...and I think they work?

Fingies crossed on the pupper....good thoughts good thoughts.....

Migraine? URGH. Thank ye gods I haven't had one yet, but I feel her a brewin', yeehaw.

Technodoll said...

Curly, I was trying to avoid the word diarrhea!! LOL

Dolce, specifically the Listerine ones? Just curious!

Myself, must be the crazy barometric pressure again... I mean WTF it's September for crissake! So oooo! You got the kit too??

myself said...

Yup I got the kit! Fun!

Yes it's the barometric f*cking pressure, I walked outside today and went....URGH

Blech. Humidity sucks in more ways than one.

Sweet T said...

Hope things go well with Dakotah *fingers crossed*

Technodoll said...

Myself, we drove back to the city this morning over the Champlain bridge and downtown was almost fully immersed in smog! Gross!

Sweet T, it did!! wooo!

Anonymous said...

I did the crest white strips sometime last year and my teeth were sparkling. Everyone keep commenting on them. I was very happy with the results. But I have to admit during the process it made my teeth really sensitive to cold and hot and the wind. So you may have to keep your mouth shut while walking up wind. LOL!

prin said...

LOL!! My mind was totally in the gutter. Totally. :D

Yeah, I can't do the whitenings. Fear of sensitivity.

I can't comment on Dakotah because I already cheated and read the next one. :D

Technodoll said...

Girl, these strips are supposed to dissolve so they're "different". Hmm. So curious... and I'll keep my mouth shut, that should make Vegas happy! LOL!

Prin, I love cheetas. Specially Chester. mmm cheese! *grin*

Vegas said...

no no no - I'm happiest when your mouth is full, not shut.





I love watching you eat....




When I cook you up a lovely hot piece of meat....




hehehe I could go on and on

Vegas said...

and you can all get your minds out of the gutter.

Vegas said...

mmmm gutter.

Technodoll said...

OK Vegas, I got the hint. Time for Wifely Duties... he he.

Vegas said...

yay steak for dinner! (what did you think we were talking about?)

Technodoll said...

He calls it steak, I call it Kraft Dinner. Everybody's happy.

Vegas said...

I'd rather fellate a leper

myself said...

Way to go Vegas....I now know your name....hehehehe and where you work but I knew that one already! Same name as my ex husband, do ALL of you from over the pond have that damned first name???!?!?!?!?!?!

Technodoll said...

I'll get the yellow pages...

Vegas said...

I've got blogging skillz

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I use bleach strips by Crest....I found the more I used, and the more coffee and tea I drank - it was a wash cause my teeth absorbed the stain.

Hope you have better luck than I!

Keep us posted!

Technodoll said...

Daring, for sure I will... am starting the strips this weekend! mmmm coffee :-D