Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just scribblings

Oh mi oh my, what a gorgeous autumn day we have here! Seems kinda indolent and insolent to be spending part of the afternoon indoors...

*guilty pause*

Just waiting for Vegas to finish hoovering so we can get some sunshine running errands in the neighborhood. Maybe grab a coffee on a terrasse somewhere. Am feeling quite lazy today, glad to be having dinner with the gang tonight (yey! no cooking or washing up!). We're celebrating two birthdays by stuffing our faces with asian food - I know, we're super classy! :-D

Spent about an hour at the crazy ethnic butcher's this morning, you have to grab a number when you come in: mine was 54. They were serving 24.

Oh lordy.

It's a huge, loud bustling place so the waiting sucked. If it was a bakery it would have been alot more pleasant, if you know what I mean. No staring at hanging pigs and displays of livers, innards and chopped-up body parts.

I decided to go sit outside for a breather and an older man came up to me and asked what number I had. I showed him my ticket stub, dejected and impatient (Vegas was waiting with the kids, pacing up and down the block).

Angel: Oh, here, you can have my ticket... I have to leave.
Moi: What?
Angel: Yeah, it's 41. Probably next one in line.
Moi! Yey! Oh! Gee thanks so much!

*rushes back inside*

Three minutes later, it was my turn. Awesome!

So, I shoved number 54 deep inside my pocket as number 41 got what she came for: bags of meaty goat bones for the kids, thick juicy pork chops for us. And some ground beef for chili-makin'. I can't find goat anywhere else and the other meat is half the price (and twice the quality) as the stuff in local grocery stores, so the waiting was worth it.

Pork chops are now marinating in oil, rosemary and lemons, dinner will be ready to go Tuesday night when Vegas flies home from Chicago.

Yeah, he's leaving again. :-(

It's the price to pay for him getting a job here like he did, which at the time was a miracle (it still is, when you think about it). If that hadn't happened, he'd probably still be in the UK right now. Gawd. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.

Gotta go, I smell ravishings in the air!

/end of Endorphins For All post/

6 comments:

prin said...

I still find it weird sometimes that your LDR became.. a... uh... r.

lol

Have a good weekend, lo.

Technodoll said...

Weird, or just really really lucky? :-D

KA said...

Aww, i wish our weather was this pretty.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

What a nice man that was =)

prin said...

Lucky, yes. But how often does that happen? :D

Technodoll said...

Toughgirl, is autumn being a bitch in your part of the world?...

CD, he totally made my day :-)

Prin, don't I know it. I predict you're next though :-D