On our way to work this morning, I was admiring my outfit of brand-name pieces and bragging to Vegas about getting the stuff for cheap but looking like a posh, while other suckers paid sooo much more for the exact same clothes cuz they didn't know how to shop or didn't have the patience to wait for sales.
What can I say, Deep Thoughts by TechnoHandy at 9am are not my forte.
Anyways.
It's a way of life for me, I get a thrill out of finding the best, for the least. I think that even if I won the lottery, I'd still be as frugal as possible to stretch that dollar, I like hearing that buck bang loudly. Why pay more for the same thing, you know?
Which brings me to explain some differences:
Thrifty: Waiting for your favorite toilet paper to go on sale, and stock up using coupons you had saved up to double the savings.
Cheap: Only taking craps at work to save on toilet paper.
Thrifty pedophile: Buying discounted candy in bulk after Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc. to last for the year.
Cheap pedophile: "Hey little boy, want to buy a sweetie?"
Thrifty: Buying bulk boxes of condom when on sale.
Cheap: Rinse out after use, hang to dry...
Thrifty: Plan ahead of time, make your own snacks for parties using simple easy recipes.
Cheap: Sucking the chocolate off the peanuts before offering guests some nibbles.
I'm thrifty, not cheap. And I'm damn proud of it, too!
*off to make a cuppa tea*
/end of I Love My Dickies post/
17 comments:
See me, I don't do name brand nuthin (engh sorry not advertising your overpriced crap on my boob or my ass THANKS!)....but am proud of my purchases that people THINK are expensive name brand and actually cost me $5 at Wallyworld (which I hate)/Zellers or the $5 store (I LOVE THE $5 STORE).
Then I can say "um yeah, better quality than your name brand crapola AND cheaper, woot me, you suck!"
The cheap-to-me name brand stuff does also qualify as long as there's no brand advertising on it, I love Winners. Sigh. Especially shoes.
Brought to you by "it's payday and I wanna shop but need to pay bills"
LOL! Okay sucking off the chocolate that is gross. This is too funny! I am all good. Things with PK went well. Things with Dave are incredible. I'll blog about it soon.
Haha, fantastic post!
As for me, I am the queen of splurge so can't comment!
the idea of rinsing & drying a condom for re-use just grossed me the heck out
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww
hahahaha
Myself, I love brand names *but* I won't pay the price tag for them, unless they go on sale. Deep sale. And somehow, it almost always works out :-D
Girl1218, awesome news! The Dave thing, not the chocolate sucking thing. eeewww.
Elisabeth, the world needs shopaholics, LOL!
Deutlich, I'm sure someone, somewhere, has done it!
You be the bomb :)
Love this post..lol at the thrifty versus descriptions :D
cheap pedophile? Hanging condoms to dry?? You NEVER know what you're going to read on this blog. God I love it.
Myself, hopefully not a stink bomb.
SweetT, well somebody had to say it :-)
Curly, you're my biggest fan!
I concur. I am not going to spend a butt-load of money on something I can find a knock off for really cheap. But I also wont buy something just because its on sale. Like at lunch I went to Old Navy and saw some items on sale...but I realized I was just buying them at $3.99 each (marked down from $24.99) because of the sale. So I put them back and left...(pats self on back...purse smiles).
Hey, that reminded me, I need to snag a roll cause we're out at the house! Wiping with paper towels ain't pretty :o)
Daring, I had to make that mistake lots of time before finally learning! But gosh it's hard, eh?
WW, I've never heard you speak like that before! aaaaaaaahahahhaa!
I was gearing up for a funny comment but then I was blindsided by the biggest fan comment going to somebody else. Can it be a tie? A "close second" prin?
Yey!
The condom one was my favorite. Different girl, same rubber, what does it matter to the guy? His side stays him-y.
Mmmmmm.
Even if I don't like ties, you can have one :-D
Only you, Prin, only you... *giggles hysterically over rubber comment*
aww..man..Prin, too funny!
I'm thrify too...nothin' like a bargain baby! :)
Lola, you found a baby on sale?!
CD, you never see them coming, do you... sneaky pedophiles :-D
Post a Comment