Monday, September 15, 2008

BllbbbBLLLbbbaaaa

Just the kind of morning that turns your warm comfortable bed into quicksand. It's raining, it's grey, it's Monday. Bleh!! Give me back my duvet!

Caffeine? Check!
Foot heater? Check!
Blogging? Check!

Who knows, I might survive this day after all... sigh. Vegas leaves for Florida in a couple of hours and the week seems bleak without him there to inspire my waking hours. Of course there's email, phone calls and such but it just ain't the same. I can't cuddle with a text message.

Mouse traps still empty. Rats!


Either I have bad timing or the mice are cleverly avoiding the cheese n'PB snacks. I might have to bait the damn things with dog kibble if this keeps up. I even heard a phantom "SNAP!" as I was making my breakfast, I silently cheered, checked the traps and no mice, everything status quo.

I'm getting obsessed over vermin.

Yeah, I got thrills for sale.

Cheap!

Mind hopping... You know, looking back at my time in high school, when I was debating what to study at University ("what will I be when I grow up?"), it never occured to me that I'd be spending over a third of my waking hours pushing paper for a 3D software company. In an office. Emails galore. Phone. Pushing virtual money around. Wishing for fresh air.

Is that all my life is cracked up to be? I feel like a grain of sand on the biggest beach in the world, almost willing a tidal wave to come and drag me out to sea.

Just to see if I would swim, or sink to the bottom and land in an oyster and finally become something I would be proud to look back on in 40 years, when my journey on this earth will have come to an end.

That'll teach me to watch "Fried Green Tomatoes" on a Sunday night.

/end of Monday Morning Mind Blitzes post/

12 comments:

myself said...

Well, I'll put in my 2 cents (when the HELL don't I?).

I think it's all about what you do outside of work. I am one of the lucky ones that actually enjoys her job, I see the point in it, I enjoy it, it fulfills me. But the times that my didn't do any of the above, I had things outside work that fulfilled me (I'm crafty, so I've always made jewelry/crafties and sold them), friends, hobbies, pastimes, volunteering which makes me feel socially useful, music etc etc, if those fulfill you enough, then work isn't so bad, and it's a way to pay for what you do enjoy.

And you have Vegas to amuse you. That in and of itself must be fabulous.

Work for most is a means to an end. Pays for the fun times.

voiceinmyhead said...

ugh, i hear ya woman. who knew when we signed up for college (with visions of greatness, lol) that it meant flourescent lights and freezing to death from industrial A/C.
ummm, can i get my money back??

Technodoll said...

Myself, I guess you're right... but I still envy those people who had a dream career in mind, pursued it, and now are happy as clams those 40 to 50 working hours a week. I dunno. Maybe I'm just asking for too much.

Voice, can I get in line for a refund too!

prin said...

All of my fresh air is virtual. *sniffffff*

Yeah, I know. Is this all there is? Kind of makes me want to pop out a kid just to quell the boredom.

myself said...

geez guys. Dunno. I'm SO not bored with my life. I want some down time!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I'm convinced that there is more.....you just gotta work your ass off to get there.....I wish it were easier!

Some days I abhor my job, and others, I'm okay with it.....although I don't ever think I'll go back to actually liking it! It's just not me anymore....I wanna get paid to take pictures and hike :)

Frank said...

Text messages don't make good cuddlers...




...I've tried.

Anonymous said...

I actually like my job, despite the bodily fluids and drunk crazy people, but I still think there's more to it. I can enjoy going to work, but still need other things to amuse me as well. Rupert helps, as do books, movies, sewing, game club, etc etc.

But I need to get me a "vegas". :)

Technodoll said...

Prin, OK I'm not *that* bored!

Myself, you jar, your pickles... LOL!

WW, me tooooo! *dreams*

Frank, yep. Been there done that, want the real thing.

CD, unless you start a donkey farm or something... hehe

PrincessB, see how life balances out for everyone! ha ha

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Isnt it funny that we look at our life and realize sometimes, that we are no where near where we thought we would be at our age? At least, I know I do at times. But hey - silver linings are always out there - those things that make our journey bearable an even quite fun and humerous too. But as I always say: Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around. SO want to do something - its never really too late!

Technodoll said...

You're right, it never is too late. And since Vegas is in my life he's given me wings... I plan on a career change of sorts in my next decade of life, which isn't that far off.

Gotta chase those dreams or they will never happen.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Good girl! Now that's the reason I started my blog. It's Just Me Daring to Dream (and now you are too!!!)

We both are changing careers in our next decade. I think we are both approaching the same decade!