Recently read:
Castrillo de Murcia, Spain, lacks a "running of the bulls" tradition, but since 1620, it has included in its annual El Colacho festival a "leaping over the babies." In late May, the town's infants are laid on mattresses in the village square, and people in red-and-yellow devil costumes jump over them and keep running, to symbolize the vanquishing of demons from their lives. [Spiegel, 8-28-08]
What happens when the fat ones trip?
*grin*
My favorite one:
The Nebraska legislature's new "safe haven" law for unwanted babies, like other states' laws, allows them to be dropped off anonymously at hospitals to discourage abortions (and neglect by unfit parents). However, unlike other states' laws, Nebraska's applies not just to infants, but "minors," because, said Sen. Tom White, "All children deserve our protection." In September, the first two non-infants were abandoned, as exasperated parents gave up on rebellious sons aged 11 and 15, and critics say the law could apply to those up to age 19. [Lincoln Journal Star, 9-15-08]
It's about time the gov'ment came up with a good idea! LOL!
8 comments:
I dunno but my first thought was people falling on the babies.
Then I laughed at the thought.
I know.
I'm going to hell.
LOL! I would so have been one of the ones left chained to the door of city hall.
Myself, I know it must happen. The tripping, I mean. How can it not?!
Prin, me too! Barefoot and with burrs in my hair, too :-D
I guess those guys must take really good care not to trip cos - even though they are dressed up to scare away devils - nothing is going to go demonic like a mum who's baby has just been squished :o)
LOL good point, Sian! They must practice all year on hurdling over bags of marshmallows with squeakers in them :-D
wow, ... that amuses me a little bit too much. Oh, and it appeals to me too... that's so sad huh?
Nah. Since it's reality somewhere in this world, somebody thought it was more than just amusing and made it really happen! Now THAT is pretty spectacular! LOL
ROFL!
Post a Comment