*rubs sleep from eyes*
Vegas got up at 5am this morning to catch his flight to Chicago and I slept through it like a rock. Half of me is happy about that, the other half regrets not giving him a goodbye kiss. However... The half that slept wins right now.
Saturday night we went out for dinner with the gang - my sides still hurt from the laughs, but my stomach still hates me for the food. Ghaaa. In the UK, buffet-style restaurants display signs that read "eat all you want" while here in the Americas, it's "eat all you can".
Big difference.
I got annoyed at paying over $45 for a plate of greasy fast-food chinese cuisine, one drink, zero service and screaming kids.
We came in, sat down, chased a waiter for 10 minutes to get some water, we ordered, they threw the food on the table and 45 minutes later we were done. What. The. Hell. So that crappy place is OFF my restaurant list, and I beg all Montrealers to never go there.
Hot n'Spicy, on Decarie & Jean Talon. Two thumbs down.
I guess this weekend was mostly about food, frolicking and a short walk on the mountain, in the fragrant woods that is getting ready to change colours and shed before the snow blankets us for a few months.
Anybody ready for winter yet?
/end of Need Caffeine Injection post/
20 comments:
Gone downhill for sure. :(
We have to find a new place where we can eat and drink and linger.
Ooo, I love the hot and spicy. The thing is, you have to get take out. The plates are like $10 and you get a ton in them. Nummers. It's the only asian food around here that's cooked with real ingredients...
Curly, the gang will always find ways to linger, no matter how crappy the food or the place! Next time, how about La Louisiane?
Prin, yeah only we weren't doing takeout, hence the crap. I can't believe the ripoff!
Ok, yeah. $30 for a not-what-you-can-eat buffet is cruddy.
Oh yeah it's not as good as it used to be at ALL.
And MMMMM La Louisiane! Great stuff there....stop it you're making my mouth water.
Prin, my liver agrees! LOL
Myself, if you know of any other good spots in the downtown area, let me know! *drools for bread pudding with brandy sauce*
I bet your not! I remember the many ramblies (as Prin would say) about digging your car out of the snow....TD was not a happy camper :)
But this year, I have a man to dig the car out with me :-D
I'll pay you back, sorry.
daughter
WHAT??? *smacks daughter upside the head*
We just should have gone to La Louisiane or anywhere else where the food was worth it, that's all I'm saying. LOL!!
louisianne (puddle of saliva forming on lap)
daughter
Wanna share my bib?
OMG YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME WITH THE LA LOUISIANNE TALK!
I'll be fine, really I will. Back to staring at the hot south american.....
It's a good thing FB ate most of the food. :-D
I never been to la louisiane.
I don't think the Brits have got the hang of eat all you like food but I loved those kinds of restaurants when we visited America last year.
As to winter - I am trying not to think about it, but at least I know I won't have to dig my car out of snowdrifts :o)
Oooh, no don't even mention winter. I love it all in theory, until it dumps a foot of snow out front and I get caught in a drift, get plowed in, have to dig my way out. Just as a hypothetical case. :)
Sorry about the greasy plate buffet, they always kill me too.
Myself, bring him to La Louisiane and he'll ask to marry yah! *grins*
Curly, he's not our hero for nothing...
Prin, oh but you must! yes yes! Bring new guy there next time he's visiting...
Sian, you're welcome to my buried car anytime. I'll even lend you the shovel!
Katie, I try to think of it as a workout of sorts... then compensate with a plate of spaghetti and a hot choc. Yeah!
I am NEVER ready for winter...So much so, I want to move to the part of the states that never has it...
Post a Comment