Yes, I feel much better today. The hormones are settling down, the wine last night was lovely, it's warm and gorgeous outside and... um... I had a really nice phonecall from Vegas last night.Moi: Sorry I missed your call, I was walking home... You know I always leave the office around that time and am deaf with my iPod.
Vegas: Well, maybe tomorrow I'll leave the office at that time too.
Moi: What office?
Vegas: Ours :-)
I think I whooped. Seriously. He was supposed to have customer meetings until Thursday evening but the person organizing things messed up, so he's not hanging around sticky Florida for nothing, he's got fish to fry in Montreal. Today. Yey!
Me, I'm not frying fish but I sure am catching mice with those traps.
Two now, and I won't be surprised to find more soon.
DIE! BASTARDS! DIE!
OK I felt terrible picking up those traps with tiny lifeless bodies stuck inside (their long tails are super icky though), everything's in a plastic ziploc baggie in the dog's food freezer and I can't wait to show my landlady the evidence.
It's not funny anymore.
It's a serious vermin infestation.
So serious, in fact, that I had nightmares about it last night - hundreds of those little bastards running loose in my home, squeaking and shitting and attacking me! And then I scooped up a tiny little grey puppy in the mouse litter, it was half starved and shaking and I wrapped it in a blanket and held it near my chest to warm it up, "I can't keep a 3rd dog!" ran through my mind but then I must have been a buddhist or something because I knew I was responsible for that life from now on.
I gotta lay off the wine.
/end of Yey! My Man's Coming Home! post/
17 comments:
I couldn't handle emptying the traps! *EEK*
Glad you are feeling better :o)
That's why I dumped the whole thing - I'm not touching any dead mouse! UGH!
Okay I know the little bastards need to go but how gross to pick up their dead lifeless snap necked bodies off of the trap. There is no way I could do it. I'd feel so bad. Poor little Mickey!
Oh I see you are dumping the whole thing but still is their little bodies just hanging off of the trap...oh my stomach is turning right now.
Erm....it must be the water hon cuz I had a dream about dogs too, adopting 2 more mini dachsies and feeling overwhelmed...ya think?
I don't wanna know about the mices...lalalalallallaaaaaaaaaaa
Well I am happy you are catching them. Hopefully they all die out soon.
And sorry about those dreams...guess you wont be watching Tom & Jerry cartoons anytime soon *ha*
PS: I remember when my hump days looked like that pic...way before gravity took over.... *sigh*
You have mice, I have a skunk in the basement. Wanna trade?
Don't watch Ratatouille about now...
:D
Good luck today. :)
Traps are for sissies. We always just used to send my brother downstairs with a hammer to go after them. Maybe that's why he turned out like he did...
Are you kidding me? If that was my place I'd be sleeping the streets before sleeping in a house with mice.
You make me proud!
Girl1218, when you live with two creature-killing dogs you kinda get used to things :-(
Myself, I wasn't drinking water last night! LOL! hmm... maybe you weren't either... *grin*
Daring, talking mice are something else though! ha ha and gravity, schamvity. You're a hottie, deal with it.
PrincessB, WHAT?! OMG! you NEED to move out! like, now! that's horrendous!
Prin, thanks! and if I had rats in my place I'd have gotten myself a shotgun a long time ago. *shudder*
Frank, I thought you'd have been man enough to handle the task youself, no? he he
Dolce, I'll be proud when they're gone... man, I've got the creeps.
I couldn't handle the traps. I'd move out until The Man got the rodents out. Squirrels, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, even bats. YUCK.
C'mon, Curly. Secretly? You want your man to dress up as batman and do you in his fancy car!
I just want you to know...you have the weirdest dreams in the world.
This is why it's wonderful to live with Cowboy... he can do the manly stuff like killing the spiders and getting rid of the traps with the rats in 'em... eww.
CD... how hard? *grin*
Sian, I know!! It's embarassing!
Toughgirl, I just like to know I can do the icky things in case of emergency. Independance and all! hah.
Post a Comment