Monday, September 8, 2008

Dirty mouth

So Vegas and I finally tried those Listering Whitening Strips yesterday, and we got a good laugh out of it! The experience, I mean. Ho boy!

Since he had never tried any tooth whitening stuff before, his initial reaction ranged from "Vile!" and "Creepy!" to "It's like having a hangover, only without the party!". I just grinned a plasticky smile and tried not to rub the whitening goodness off my toofies to see what would happen.

See, these strips are supposed to dissolve within 5-10 minutes and then voilà - not like the other whitening strips where you plaster a slab of waxy paper on your teeth and salivate like a rabid dog for 30 minutes, slurring and slobbing all over the place (been there, done that, never again). This stuff really is different!

First, I opened the packet and in the process, accidentally tore a bit of the strip in half.

"Great start!" beamed Vegas.

Um. Yeah. I was afraid they'd taste horrible but nope, very mild mint flavour that's hardly noticeable. 1 point.

Super easy and fast to apply. 1 point.

Not much salivating at all. 1 point.

In fact, after a few minutes my mouth went dry and my lips and cheeks started to stick to my teeth. Very annoying. Minus 1 point.

Easy to talk (and laugh) with the things on. 1 point.

After 10 minutes, Vegas' strips were gone and his teeth actually looked better after only one application. 1 point.

After 35 minutes, I still had goop on my teeth and gave up, had to brush and floss to get it all off. Minus 1 point.

Sooo the math is in the product's favour, I convinced Vegas he should do another treatment or two cuz for him, it made a quick difference and IMO, it's really not much bother at all compared to the other stuff on the market (yeecchh). I'll continue for a bit even if my teeth don't need any whitening, just to see if the strips will magically vanish off my teeth, as promised. Or maybe I'm just a dried-up old raisin, what do I know.

For the record, I saw the box kit in a Los Angeles Rite-Aid for USD $24, and drugstores here in Montreal charge $34 - what a ripoff! I mean the Canadian dollar isn't that much off par with its kissing cousin, is it? Pfft. I'm sure glad to have gotten a free box to try out and tons of samples to win friends with. He he.

They were giving away free samples like nobody's business at
free Listering Whitening Strips up until recently but I guess too many people became beggars, the offer is now closed. Bummer.

Anyways, I'll post about this again after a few more tries, see how it goes. Vegas is off travelling for work this week so maybe I'll have a bit more bodily fluids left over for the teeth strip thingies to work then. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Oh, I am so evil.

/end of Gutter-Free Teethies post/

13 comments:

myself said...

they don't dissolve all that quickly for me either and god knows I have enough bodily fluids saved for about 3 people.

*crickets*

Technodoll said...

Maybe we both need to drink more booze?

*extra crickets*

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I got some of those to try out for a similar program.....they didn't dissolve as quickly for me either!

I have a crap ton of the samples left over!

Anonymous said...

Dissolve really!? Just vanish. That seems awfully creepy to me. Vanish to where I wonder. Does the goop just seep into your gums then belly. I think I am way over thinking this thing. LOL! I actually didn't mind the other ones too much. But the drooling was quite gross.

Dolce said...

Let me know how your teeth feel after using them for a couple of days. The Crest Whitening strips really made my teeth sensitive.

Technodoll said...

WW, nobody wants free samples?? Just don't tell them they're sticky :-D

Girl1218, it's a bit like those little Listerine breath freshener strips that melt on your tongue... basically the product dissolves into water and oxygen, safe to swallow. At least that's the concept! PS: hardly any drooling except the first minute.

Dolce, I'll post an update for sure... my teeth are already heat and cold sensitive so if I notice any changes, I'll shout it out!

prin said...

Sounds icky. Then again, me and teeth don't mix so well. :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm, not sure I'll bother trying these.

Technodoll said...

Prin, the unitooth doesn't need any whitening, LOL!

Elisabeth, if your smile is white then you don't need anything. But if you want a little sparkle, so far these are far better than the other conventional strips IMO. For real :-)

Frank said...

Why don't people just gargle bleach and be done with it?

Technodoll said...

Don't laugh, but my aunt once drank bleach (it was in a water bottle, don't ask), realised what had happened, call the poison control who told her "don't vomit" and of course she did.

It apparently burns even more coming up than going down!

Teeth were still yellow afterwards though. Guess it don't work.

myself said...

um is it bad I laughed like crazy at the drinking bleach story????

evil...

Technodoll said...

Myself, it's a historical family joke now. Poor Matante Minne!