I know I posted this before, oh maybe a year or so ago but man. I just love it so much, I need to share it again.
Like peanut-butter and honey, mint and chocolate, sex and Vegas (he he), two of my very favorite things in the world in one package: Depeche Mode's "Suffer Well", set to Tron visuals of awesomeness. Who could ask for more?
Credit for the video goes to http://www.justinalt.com/
I needed this after today's shitty news (the promised raise ain't happening). I celebrated by eating a bowl of soup for lunch, followed by a coffee and a double-chocolate donut. Dinner? A bowl of broccoli with butter, some fried bbq plantain chips and some twizzlers.
I mean, fuck it. I walked over two hours today at breakneck speed and burned a million calories in livid anger and dejection. Somehow, a salad just didn't seem right.
/end of I Need To Punch Something post/
14 comments:
Ok I really don't get why you haven't had a raise in so long. HOw long have you been there? I have a whole lot of things to say but management at your place would NOT want to be reading what's on my mind on the subject of not taking care of your employees in favor of stockholders.
Period.
PS if your parent company can keep acquiring other companies, I'd love to know the reasoning behind their inability to give you a raise
grrr
This is why I work for the company I do, they give a crap about their employees. First year in our history with a loss, and I know our employees still got a raise, and they raised our pay scales.
I just realized that I haven't offered you a free punch in a really long time.
*leans in for a good'un*
Myself, I think bad times are on the horizon and the chopping block is close at hand :-(
Prin, hit meh!
WW, the recession is slapping everyone in the face. But still. SIX YEARS.
Regardless of the recession, you still have to be able to make ends meet.
Checked the stock of the parent company and it's low. I'm surprised.
Both of you work there. Eek,
Yeah, exactly. I'm feel like I'm walking on eggshells stacked on a deck of cards on the Titanic :-(
That's terrible! You so deserve a raise. Want me to come down there and tell 'em who's boss!?
The stock has been at around that price for a while, so there hasn't been a sudden change or anything.
Not giving TD a payrise is bullshit, and the reasons given were bullshit too.
Hopefully change is in the air - we've both been with the company for years, so if one or both were 'restructured' it wouldn't be the end of the world. My current attitude is either we get restructured or certain management people do. The current setup is untenable - this was such an abuse of trust: "yes you'll get a raise, yes it will be backdated, soon..... soon......soon..... oh actually you can't have one". If it was anyone but TD, I would be able to express my anger to management over it because there isn't a more guaranteed way to demotivate and lose employees. But because we're together, I don't get to have an opinion.
What a crock.
I've been on the receiving end of the bullshit before, and it is exactly that, especially 6 YEARS!!!!! And if it's not in the cards, why does management make promises? Obviously ass & elbow are incapable of coming together on anything, perhaps a management shakeup is required over there? GRRRRRRR let me call 'em, I'll give 'em a piece of my mind!
Elisabeth, you've taken stalking tips down good, eh? teehee!
Vegas, if it walks like a duck... sigh. Better keep our bags ready.
Myself, I think bigger things are brewing, to be honest. I'm just a tiny cog in a huge wheel at this point. I don't really matter.
It can happen to anyone at anytime. You should always have your resume up to date so that you can hit the ground running.
small cogs are very important and it pisses me off when big wheels forget about them....so there!
Sorry, sexy, but I just can't do depeche mode. I tried. I really did. But I've been brainwashed since before birth prolly to strongly dislike them. :D
Darling - what you need is chocolate....a massive chocolate brownie topped with ice cream, peanuts with caramel and chocolate sauce...and then when you are done...repeat!
Post a Comment