I'm so pleased!
Our contractor finally came by this morning to rig up a few essentials in the chicken coop that will hold us until April - been waiting all week for this, now the flock is much more comfortable with added ventilation and a proper sleeping space!
Best thing is, I'm also all set up to get six new "easter egg" girls on Tuesday and since we had all the materials already, it only cost me two hours of labor!
*happy dance*
I also squeezed in a photo session with a friend and her super gorgeous son despite the pouring rain, we went to a nearby park and it was haaaard...
We were confined to a small open covered structure with a cigarette-butt studded concrete floor and a row of sad picnic tables, there was no light to work with and since I don't have a proper flash it was quite frustrating to miss beautiful smiling moments because my damn camera wouldn't focus or took blurry shots!
Oh well... Took 227 pics, whittled them down to about 50 and working on those to get a few good ones. I hope she likes them because I'm not satisfied with the quality at all... I can do so much better, given some cooperation from Mom Nature.
In any case we will reschedule for a sunny day and THEN we're cooking with gas!
If my friend gives me permission, I'll post a photo here tomorrow or so :-)
** pauses to listen to the rain soaking the life out of everything **
I feel so content, like I'm making a difference somehow... I can't even call this photography thing a goal, but rather a purpose. I need to do this, I crave it, I love it - does that make sense? It's a challenge and it's not easy but life's not made for weenies, is it!
Anyhoo. Time to make dinner, feed the doggies and then settle down for a movie with hubby Vegas. Maybe sneak in a hot bubble bath, oooooh that sounds divine...
I wish I had cake and pizza though.
/end of Have A Great Weekend, Peeps! post/
6 comments:
Your need to do the photography thing is simply your soul's need to create. You need an outlet for all the wonderful creativity that simmers within. Artistic people have a greater need for creative outlets, I think, than those of us who are less imaginative.
You are blessed with an artist's spirit and by sharing it, we are blessed in return. Thank you.
Sounds like things are really going well. Have a great evening.
congrats on the coop updating...surely the girls will give you even more eggs now!!!
Would love to see some of your photos...hope you dry out soon. :)
Pizza and cake? sounds yummy.
hey i have the yummiest choc. cupcakes with choc. buttercreme frosting and a little surprize of creme filling in each, here if'n ya want some! they are yummy! i LERVE watchin a good movie during a rainstorm! snuggle comfy, now!
c
I'm sure the pictures turned out great! I'm glad you are pursuing something that is feeding your soul!
Sounds like you found your calling. And awesome news for the coop!
So, you wanna come here in June and be the photographer?! ;o)
Post a Comment