Sunday, November 29, 2009

Love blossoms

Yep, little Blossom the silkie hen is determined to hatch those eggs so hopefully chicks are starting to develop in there... I'll candle the eggs in a few days to see if it's a go.

So exciting!

Yesterday the family got together at my brother's place for brunch to celebrate his son's 2nd birthday - I swear I'm not biased, this kid is just gorgeous and so personable, always happy and smiling and chatting away... He stole my heart :)
Being an auntie's fun, being an auntie with a camera is even more fun!

I loves this little boy :-)

Am going to see another chicken breeder this afternoon (don't laugh!!), this one looks promising as in not a shyster but someone who really cares, shows his quality stock and wins prizes... He sounds like a fanatic on the phone, said to just come over armed with paper and pen to take down notes and learn before buying anything. So yeah, crossing fingers he's a good'un.... I can't bring any new girls home as there is currently no free space but I may trade my pair of baby silkies in a couple of weeks as he is looking for new quality stock to add to his breeding program. Yey!

Big week ahead...

I need to start painting this place, uggh - did I mention I hate painting? Yep. But it's a key point in the grand scheme of things so yeah, must dig in at some point... Also have to print the flyers I made up for my photo business and start distributing those around.

No marketing = no clients and that's just crap.

Oh and I'll probably go spend a few days with my dad later this week, need to firm up the plans today and then it's just me and the bus and getting to spend some time in Ontario.

Vegas volunteered to take care of the homestead and all its creatures, how sweet is my husband? He did the chicken routine with me this morning and didn't even complain, LOL! Brave man. That coop is a foot shorter than he is so he has to stoop to walk around in there, so unpleasant.

Next coop will be a palace.

You might not know how big a deal it is for me to leave home for a few days.... I have to fight off panic attacks when surrounded by people and far from my own comforts, I never sleep well and get horrible digestion problems.

So yeah, mind and heart over matter: my dad's not getting any younger and if I don't do this I will kick myself forever.

I can do it, I can do it!

Time to go check on the flooded paddocks, do some laundry and all that yadi-yada - might as well employ myself as a maid, eh?

/end of Happy Sundaying, Peeps! post/

5 comments:

prin said...

Why wouldn't you take the car and maybe one dog? I always feel better when I have the ability to escape and the ability to hug a furry...

Busy Bee Suz said...

good luck with your long to do list...busy girl!!! I hope you get your plans firmed with your Dad. I bet he misses you something bad.
Um, the sweetness in the picture? Adorable. I wish I could find a cute nephew under my kitchen table!!!

Rebecca Foster said...

Good luck with your trip. You're a good daughter to do something that is so difficult for you, but you know will make him happy.

You're right, your nephew is adorable! Love that photo.

Your chickies have the best chickie mommy ever!

Kathryn said...

That is some to do list, TD. But great to hear that you are going to visit your pop. Totally understand being out of your comfort zone and around a lot of people. I dislike concerts for that same reason - too many people. Quite frankly, I'm afraid I'll get separated from the people I'm with.

The picture is fab.

Happy Monday.

Technodoll said...

Prin, I absolutely loathe driving and don't want to put myself through 11 hours of torture in 3 days, LOL! The bus will be relaxing and fine, almost the same price as two tanks of gas anyways. I really need a break.

Busy Bee, yep imma gonna see my dad for a few days, woo! He can't wait to see the pics of his grandson so I'm on a missiong :-D

Rebecca, awe you're so sweet, thank you! Where I go, the camera goes and you never know what you will find!

Kathryn, yeah crowds and mobs = no thanks, ever. Yey for online shopping and homes in the countryside, LOL!