Monday, November 9, 2009

Holy boy!

Hard to type with shaking hands, but I'll try!

I've spent the major part of the day outside because, well, the weather is just phenomenal! One super warm, dry and sunny day in the middle of a very heavy and depressing autumn is just bliss. Wish there were more but I'll take what I can get!

By the end of the week I should have finished winterizing the gardens, done a few odd jobs around the paddocks and stables and, best of all, the wretched old chicken coop should get a much-needed overhaul to house the new hens I'm getting next week - just need to get my contractor in for a couple of days and hope I can find enough free or recycled materials to pad the meager renovation budget.

Oh and my hands are shaking cuz I did demo work in the coop this afternoon, whack whack whack, also lugged bag after bag of heavy shit stuff from the car to the storage shed. Muscles = nonexistent, hence the shaaaakes.

Of course through all of this I'm setting up my photography website and scheduling a few photo shoots on top of being The Good Housewife :-D

Aaahhhhh... so nice to finally find ourselves alone and relaxed again.

It's been challenging but we pulled through and are none the more wiser for it. I'm even canceling the one-week February booking as I really can't deal with more than our three dogs at this point - I just heard Vegas heave a sigh of relief, LOL!

My mom said I was doing the right thing and is very positive about the photography (I loves her!), our girls visit is scheduled for the 1st weekend of December and I'm so looking forward to it! We'll be planning our xmas dinner menu, we'll go shop, relax in front of the fireplace and cook up a lovely dinner or two. Yey!

I feel great - amazing what a bunch of warm fresh sunny air can do to the moral, not to mention physical activity. OK so I need my asthma pump as I inhaled a shitload of moldy dust during the coop demo but what a small price to pay - gonna sleep well tonight, methinks...

OK off to stick some taters in the oven for dinner and other fun stuff.

/end of Spin Ding Ding post/

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am glad you had a good weather day...ironically, it was dreary here all day. we are getting ready for hurricane Ida, she won't harm us, but will bring wind and rain.
You work like a man. Has anyone else told you that?
Mold=nastiness!!!
rest my friend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you, it's wonderful to be so productive!

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, a hurricane?? yikes! i guess you're used to them and all ready to face the storms but gosh it sounds scary... please stay safe! I can nail up boards over the windows real good so holler if you need help! :-D

JB, it feels great to be ABLE to be productive! yey!

prin said...

Yey for getting in shape! :D

Technodoll said...

If lumpy is a shape, I'm it :-D

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Your girls visit soon! I cant wait to see the pics! I can see why you are so excited!

Vegas said...

I like your lumps.

Kathryn said...

You sound so reinvigorated - it's awesome. And I'm so happy for you.
Sounds like you've been quite productive as well.

Yay!

Curly said...

I still can't believe you have gone from city girl to country girl nursing sick chickens.

We're the ultimate city sister/country sisterhood team. I feel like I'm roughing it when I have a coffee on my deck in the back yard. A hike in Tremblant is like the rain forest to me :)