My photography website is about to go live (WOO!), just tidying up the meta tags to optimize web search engines and would love your input in order to really hit the nail on the head.
My question to you:
If you were googling for a local photographer for your pets or your kids or whatever your needs are, what key words would you use?
*crossing fingers to get lots of responses!*
Fun chicken part:
The two little sick Easter Eggers are doing better! So happy! They'll be in the house for a little while longer to make sure they have a fighting chance but I think they're on the mend. I'll eventually post pics but for now they still look like holocaust victims so I'll spare you.
However, the two other girls are doing fine despite being a bit ragged and naked around the neck, they got their very first taste of fresh air and sunshine today and just soaked it UP!
Imagine spending 14 weeks of your life in a dark barn with recycled air :( But they're home now and as spoiled as the rest of the flock.
This is Kiwi, a blue cochin:
In other news, I'm in a cooking slump.
Like, totally.
Can't think of anything to cook, don't feel like eating anything in particular and the fridge/cupboards are as inspiring as watching paint dry. I haven't really been grocery shopping except for staples but one can only survive on cheese toast and cereal for so long before going crazy.
OK fine, I'll go shopping tomorrow with a plan.
Recipe suggestions welcomed!
I'd sure stick my face into a nice fat poutine right now though.
/end of I Need Me A Chef post/
11 comments:
um search engine? I'd google photographer and the town I want to find them in.
I think.
Ok this is bad, you know I've been to alot of Ag fairs when I know what kind of chickens those 2 photos were of......
YIKES! I'm almost as bad as you.
Does the blue Cochin have blue eggs?
My searching would be: photographer, pet photographer or animal photo...
Here is a tip. Once your site goes live, go to google and just start googling your website along with those key words. Google will start remembering your searches and begin to bring your website to the top of the list...(a SEO guy told me that)...
Cool chickens!
I would google: Pet photographer, my city, my state.
So glad the chickens are doing better. 14 weeks inside? No good air? they must be in love with YOU!!!
I can't think of what to cook here either...I am of no use. Sorry. How about sammies and soup? :)
yep, i'd look up photography, then pets, then my town or area.
the girls look so perty!
on what to cook? how bout spaghetti? ragu? tuna casserole? homemade pizzas?
grilled cheese and tomatoe sammies? chicken n dumplings? sloppy joes? pigs in a blanket? ghoulosh? beef stew in crock pot? beef stroganoff? meat pies? ham n cabbage? baked potatoes loaded? [ok i am getting hungry now]. meatball subs baked with cheese?
so lemme know what you end up making!
c
For the photog search - photographer, family, animal, "my town" . . .
Glad the chicks are doing well. Sounds like their living situation has improved dramatically since you've taken over.
On to the cooking part - roasted pork loin? Short ribs? Stuffed lemon sole? Chicken pot pie?
They are beautiful. I wish them well.
So if I was looking for someone to take photos of my dog I would most likely search:
Dog photographer
Who can I take my dog to, to get pictures taken
"photographer local-town-name wedding"
"family photographer local-town-name"
"pet photography local-town-name"
I always include my town name in searches.
It surprises me how many businesses don't use the hometown as their tag...?!
All the best with your new business!
Myself, thanks for the input! And nothing wrong with knowing one chicken breed from another, LOL! Cochins lay boring eggs (beige...) but they're sooo cute, it's worth the trade-off ;-)
Daring, that tip is AWESOME! woo! I'll get on that... my website is live so I gotta hustle!
Busy Bee, yep sammies and soup are a staple here... my mom's visiting tomorrow night so I will make an effort to cook, ha ha! As for the hens inside the house, they better be grateful because they STINK!
C, how about you fix that arm of yours and come cook for me, I'll hire you!! :-D
Kathryn, same offer as for C! LOL! You ladies make my mouth water with your talk of food... sigh. And thanks for the input, btw!
Just Breathe, thanks for the feedback! It's good to see that most everyone googles for the same words, that narrows it down! The hens say thanks, too :)
Tea Lady, am meta-tagging all the towns and cities around here like crazy! seems to be the key - thanks sooo much!!
What beauties! And I love their names.
I always have such a hard time with the meta tags, I never know what to put either, I usually just put any key words that people would look for me. I also suggest putting your company name in there, some people forget that, but that is how a lot of people find me, just by my name!
Good luck with the site :)
I love their names too... now if they can only get over whatever it is they have - yep they're in the house too, aka "hen hospital" :(
I would google 'animal photographer townname'. Or replace animal with 'child'.
Glad your chickies are doing well!
Post a Comment