It's so true! I remember having Xmas dinner at my uncle's place a few years ago and he asked me if I liked the meatballs (actually I didn't much care for them as they were raw in the middle) but I politely said yes (as you do). Well he proudly started to tell me how it was deer meat and that he shot the poor thing just outside his front steps a month ago and now he had meat for the winter. He was pleased as punch and I just thought the whole thing was so sad and barbaric! So much so I lost my appetite (a rare occurence tee-hee). Yet here I am putting away the Bar-b-que for the winter and starting to think of stews and Sunday roast dinners again. I'm a loser. ;-)
6 comments:
It's so true! I remember having Xmas dinner at my uncle's place a few years ago and he asked me if I liked the meatballs (actually I didn't much care for them as they were raw in the middle) but I politely said yes (as you do). Well he proudly started to tell me how it was deer meat and that he shot the poor thing just outside his front steps a month ago and now he had meat for the winter. He was pleased as punch and I just thought the whole thing was so sad and barbaric! So much so I lost my appetite (a rare occurence tee-hee). Yet here I am putting away the Bar-b-que for the winter and starting to think of stews and Sunday roast dinners again. I'm a loser. ;-)
Meat or not, that girl needs some iron pills.
:D
Agreed.
Very good quote - and the picture is eerie yet cool!
Dani, you funny girl! I couldn't have eaten those either, blecch. Poor bambi! Still love a good bbq though... I am a hypocrite.
Prin, yep she does indeed.
Elisabeth, it's all that fur... hopefully it's fake.
Great. Now I've got the theme song from Golden Girls in my head. Bugger.
always a Faux Fur fan myself...
Post a Comment