When women get sick, they still go to work and if in extreme cases they stay home, well, might as well get some laundry out of the way, and hey the floors need mopping, errands will still get run and why not prepare a nice dinner for the husband between soaking in a hot tub, sneezing, coughing up loogies and watching Dr Phil?This is where the battle of the sexes gets really nasty.
Girls, you know what I'm talking about. And guys, you know too: admit it. When it comes to "being sick" you guys lose, hands down.
Evidence: the scattered used tissues on the table, the strewn socks and various items of soiled clothing on the floor, the cluttered kitchen sink and sticky counters, the messed-up bed that smells of pits and the fridge, mysteriously empty of all edible leftovers and where did that slice of cake go?
Fine, not all men are like this but the stereotype did come from somewhere :-)
Yep. I'm wearing the crown today since Vegas is at home, sick with the mans-flu. To his credit he did take the dogs out this morning so it could be worse, but I don't expect to come home to a roomful of roses, if you know what I mean.
I shouldn't have given him my germs, eh?
*pats Vegas on the head*
Just another routine day here at work... Yes I did finally get that (small) raise so it's a battle won, next step in a few months is to get that hiked again to meet Canada's yearly inflation rate of 3.1%. Could be worse though... I heard Zimbabwe's is something like 165,000%.
Can you imagine?!
"I'd like a loaf of bread, please"
"Here you go, ma'am. That'll be $2,788"
"What. The. F*ck! Yesterday it cost $1,69!"
"Well, ya know. Inflation and all that. You paying by credit card, or?..."
/end of Glad To Live In Canada post/
19 comments:
Just to clarify - I havent eaten any cake, or left tissues anywhere. This vitriolic anti-mans outburst was not brought on by my behaviour. Much.
Now - time to call out for pizza, switch on the xbox and kickback. Might have a beer. TD can washup when she's home - not like she does anything at work anyway.
I forgot to mention that the mans-flu brings out the nasty man-tempers and wipes out any sense of humour.
It gets better and better :-D
first, you look gorgeous.
and you are right about men getting like that when sick. I think it's the mom thing. When they're sick they get pampered as kids by their mommy... mommy has been replaced by significant other, and therefore they expect to be pampered.
Blah, I should get on Cowboy about this.
He he. Totally. I didn't make this stuff up! LOL!
Yeah. Mans is helpless. Remember that video? The British one with the man-cold?
You mean this one? ROTF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE
I'd feel much safer eating Canadian bread. Since America is broke now, I think we import all our bread from China, and it's full of the usual sawdust, glass shards, and ground-up pieces of political protesters, etc.
Ha, I think I fall on the man side of being sick. I lay around an moan, but at least I pick up my own tissues.
Got to count the small differences right?
Frank, you forgot the melamine.
Oh and yeah, best video evar!
Frank, do you need me to send you some (safe) food? :-D
Katie, yep, totally! Love the mens but only when healthy (except Vegas cuz he still rocks.) um. he owes me, now!
Prin, I'm trying to ignore the ringing bells..! *stuffs cotton balls in ears*
I agree with you. Completely.
Also your sexy ass have been tagged. Boo ya!
So funny, and I fully agree :D
K first off I hate that the comments don't work from work. What. the. hell??????
Anyhoodles, oh...my exhusband is lucky he didn't die over and over each time he was sick. If I could have I would have moved out for the interim. Not messy, nothing gross, but the whining....oh, the whining....and you wonder why singledom is ever so appealing to me....I live in fear of ending up with another one that behaves the same!
Please tell me you watched this, Myself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE
LOL!
sigh not yet. work blocks these things....currently on my phone....
OMG TD that was fabulous!
I'm not living with anyone ever again, that's it.....:D
He he! Funny, both Prin and Vegas sent me that link at different times... gotta share the humour :-D
Aww...at least your picture looks cute even when you feel bad...get better soon.
Post a Comment