Some of the stuff that wafts through my head on my morning walks to work...
Homeless people are not all lazy.
Many of them are hard at work soliciting on street corners at the crack of dawn. Heck, if they can do that they can go mop floors at McD or serve donuts at Timmies instead - not only would they make more money in a few hours there than on a cold wet street corner, they'd get a hot breakfast too. This world is crazy.
The bible promotes incest.
It's true! See, first there was Adam and Eve. And they procreated, right? Well with whom did their progeny then mate with to create the human race? Certainly not apes since Evolution is a myth, so there you have it. One big happy fambly! Sure puts a new shine to the term "love thy parents", eh?
Why do I end up with pants I hate?
They were on sale, they were what I was looking for (black skinny jeans) and it's a shop I like. They fit when I tried them on before buying them. But now. Shit. They're so low-cut I can't bend over to tie my shoe, it exposes the crack of my arse to the wind and squishes my belly into a muffin-top that jiggles when I walk and that's it! They're going to Goodwill tonight! Grrr.
I wonder how much money I lost.
With the recent stock market crash, no doubt my retirement investments and funds went to crap. I am petrified of the bad news, should get a quartely statement in the coming weeks. Gawd. Been investing heavily the past decade and now it could all be wiped out. What to do??
Oooo onion rings!
I smell onion rings and hash browns. Wow my morning toast got digested really fast! *belly grumbles*
/end of Brain Farts post/
22 comments:
That 2nd one, bout incest in the Bible.......yeah I am waiting for you to be flame by religious bigots for that one. Oh the dramah =p
I can honestly tell you that I have never eaten any hash brownies that doesnt have weed in it......how does those taste like I wonder..... hhmmm....
LOL hash browns are fried potatoes all mashed together, mmm! I can't imagine green stuff in those, yurk! As for the bible thing, hey it was just a passing thought... a very funny one, IMO ;-)
Yeah the jeans thing....I shrink from one week to the next and am constantly fighting to keep pants up. Yeehaw!
My brain ain't much better today...
I do the same thing with pants all the time. I blame in on the euphoria of shopping that I don't notice all the flaws when I actually put them on. Add in the bonus sale and I seem buy the most hideous things.
*sigh*
Ok the bible comment-hilarious.
Hash browns are as good as poutine-almost.
I have about 5 pairs of pants that fit that description.
And the homeless I know are very busy being dedicated to being alcoholics. I had someone with a blood alcohol level of 0.58. That's dedication to your disease.
As for finances-until the market resumes, I'm leaving my mutual funds as they are and not adding or subtracting from them. They're staying put! All my extra money is going into a Certificate of Deposit now. It's not as much interest but it is safe and a guaranteed profit. I don't have much money - i'm a 21 year old college student, after all, so I need what I have to go somewhere that I'm SURE will yield profit.
Myself, but this is a good thing, no? I got bigger since I tried these pants on last month, I'm sure of it. Why would I have bought these damn things otherwise :-/
Katie, that's it! Sales euphoria! Doh!
PrincessB, you made me choke on my drink! aaaaaaaahahahhaaa! Dedication... yeah!
Toughgirl, I started saving at 28 and now I may have lost everything. I can't breathe.
Techno! AHHH oh noes! I'm sorry! I'm surprised you're able to take that so gracefully! During the divorce when almost all my accounts were in the red, I was getting hives all over my body (hives are my form of panic attack)
Oh I have hives and ulcers, but what can I do?? My money's locked into stock plans and I can't even take it out cuz I get taxed to death on it - it's madness, and I am at a loss on what to do!
Do not look at your portfolio, I repeat, do not look! *bawling*
in same boat TD. It sux.
I hate ALL pants.
Also "bacon" is not listed as an option on your new survey. I am disappointed.
You don't have to go as far back as Adam and Eve to get incest. Usually three or four generations back is far enough. ;)
The homeless guy probably makes more than the McD's guy does after taxes. And he doesn't have to mop up kids' puke off the playground slide.
Everybody panics about their investments. It's not like our capitalist global economy will never bounce back before you retire. :D
I checked and for some reason, my student loan debt didn't go down with the crash. Go figure.
But the cheaper gas is saving me somewhere around $100 a month, so I can't complain.
hear hear on the gas, I'm back to $32 to fill my tank. Phew!
As for the investments, it's not worth worrying about at the moment....personally I'm ignoring my next statement...it's long term, it's long term, it's long term.....that's my mantra....
Nice thoughts. They were indeed random, so you speak the truth. :o)
Lola, my eyes are shut tight. Tight.
Frank, food & drink! Bacon's in there! LOL
Prin, am loving the cheaper gas and am taking weekends away now, well the sunny days help...
Myself, what the hell do you drive, a C Smart? I filled my tank Wednesday for $1,02/ltr, it was only a bit less than half-full and it still cost me over $38! Ghah!
Clarity, I have grasshoppers in my brain.
I drive a Pontiac Wave.....teensy bitty hatchback that I bought for the fuel economy ... I love my car!
I saw the ads for those and they don't look small... how long have you had it, and how awesome is it for an american car? LOL
I have a Mazda 5, hard to find something for two big furry dogs that's not a station wagon... but it sucks fuel like crazy :-(
The car you are seeing on TV is the Vibe, mine is smaller, I've had it over a year now, it's a 2007 and I love it. It has a seat that goes down, I think you could fit dogs and not much else in it though, I have a small car thing...
PS and I'm going from japanese cars to this one...but it's brand new, my others were always used....I live in a house alone, and pay out something like 45% of my salary in taxes, I can't afford payments on a Japanese car thanks!
TD: I new that about the bible...After Noah and the Ark...they had to 'do it' with someone! I just think those inbred kids are the ancestors of those in midwest USA (ha!)
Myself, I'd love to have smaller car payments but with huge dogs vehicles get very restricted. Blah. Oh well!
Daring, aaaahahahhaa! C'mon I can feel the love you have for USA midwest :-D
[vomits and then realizes I mispelled "knew"]
Post a Comment