Am trying to summons the mojo to finally get our feet to the botanical gardens, that Chinese Lanterns exhibit ends in a few days and today would be a good time to go, since it's dry and kinda sunny... Why am I just not feeling it!
Damn laziness. Grrr.
Dakotah sported his very first tick today, fuck those things are gross!
Vegas found it while petting said Melonhead between the ears - as soon as we got home we took the tweezers and pulled the bloated, blood-sucking thing out (gag). I'm not sure we got all of it and we're on the lookout for any changes in Dakotah's health and/or behaviour, can't risk anything happening to our boy.
So. Pretty quiet weekend here. I'm too squishy and soft to be baking brownies cuz then I'll eat them and feel even worse, how I got out of shape so fast I really don't know. Vegas likes the marshmallow but I'm the one who has to squeeze into my jeans and sport the muffin-top, so nerrr.
No more eating the emotions and stress away.
Of course, the minute I write that I'm suddenly craving pork chops with gravy and mashed taters followed by warm apple pie and ice cream. Arse!
/end of Slow Sunday Crockery Mockery post/
15 comments:
mmm..pork chops and marshed potatoes... That's what we're having tonight. YEY! (If the body cooperates... :()
I read that you're supposed to rub the bastids with alcohol-saturated qtips to stun them into withdrawing so you get the whole thing out. I dunno though. Never had a tick yet. Careful too because Lime is creeping into the Cantons...
I'm the same way. Worse yet, I went from working out a lot to not working out at all, so i've gained close to 10 lbs. I can't grunt into my jeans anymore. It's quite sad.
Prin is correct....I used to detick the Greyhounds that came in from the US off the racetracks when I worked at the Greyhound rescue.
Ticks....doggie farts...I changed foods because one of my beasties is not faring well on his current food....too high fibre so he's losing weight (he's wired for sound that beastie) and the new one is high protein....god don't light a match in my place right now...ewwwwwwwww
Uh, yucky ticks. Luckily we don't have that worry here...yet anyway.
Oh...you made me hungry....mmmmmmmmmm
Eww...Ticks. Lola had ONE once. I thought it was a wart! LOL...
I'll post the pics one day on her blog. Sweet memories! :)
Dinner sounds yummy.
ticks = bad
chops and gravy = good
we dont have ice cream or apple pie, so we're depressed now.
Prin, did you end up having the good stuffs for dinner? Mmm! And I do worry about ticks, the bastids. Ugh.
Toughgirl, I'm sucking in my gut as I write this, craving dessert but not having any. Crap. What now??
Myself, I wish I had knows about this trick... researched it online and didn't find that info DAMNIT! Whatchoo feeding your furkids, if I may ask?
SweetT, hope I didn't make you hungry for ticks! LOL!
Lola, ummm you took photos?! That's hilarious!
Vegas, maybe we should take up exercise in order to eat pie guilt-free...
the monstrous children have now been switched to Evo chicken. highest protein, and after the first day and a half, they're all good now....no more gas issues...
I won't feed an alternate meat source unless there's an allergy, want there to be as much open to me in future SHOULD someone develop an allergy....
Evo is one of the best kibbles around, if your dog can tolerate grain-free. Do you add canned Evo sometimes, too? (for extra farts, he he)
they only get canned periodically....because when they get it they decide that this is ALL they should have!
I am hoping the other 2 who are proper weight don't begin to gain.....and the grain was NOT working for the Bunge, he's so skinny....and there's nothing wrong with him illness-wise...
Yes ma'am, I did get some chops and marshed potatoes. Mmmm. And I didn't even have to do the dishes after. I could live here forever.
I felt so lazy on sunday it was ridiculous. How was the garden?
You know what I'm always craving? French fries. Nom nom.
Myself, doggies know good stuff when they get it ;-)
Prin, how can I marry you if you stay there? *mutter*
Piper, we ended up walking the dogs along the canal instead cuz the gardens weren't in our budget. How embarassing is that?
CD, you and me both, sistah! rreeeeeerrr drool drool... *ghah*
now that sounds delicious: pork chops with gravy and mashed taters followed by warm apple pie and ice cream
Post a Comment