Friday, October 24, 2008

Post-trauma post

Mleh. This is pretty much how I feel this morning.

Like the penguin.

This week's stress concentrated itself in my right neck & shoulder, so I'm walking lopsided and crunching painkillers like nobody's bidness. Neither of us slept well - Vegas due to his pints of lager and me due to aches - so this morning leaves us crusty-eyed, hung over and wishing this was all a bad dream.

Whatever. Life's an adventure and this is only a bend in the road, it allows for different scenery and that's always a good thing!

I'm all miss positive in this giant mess, no worries :-)

As things stand now, it's business as usual until the legal Close of Acquisition which is projected to be end of November. Meaning, everybody keeps their jobs until then. Yey!

And unless something drastic happens - like the perfect job offer for a dream company - I am taking December off. Yes, all of it. I want to sleep, read, take a photography course and bake. Get ready for Christmas. Take care of the kids, spoil Vegas, have some "me" time to reflect on my life... all the while looking for a job, of course.

January 2009 - let's see who'll be the lucky company to hire me, LOL!

Going to catch up on your blogs today, lord knows I have the time now...

/end of Life Throws A Punch But You Punch Back post/

10 comments:

myself said...

Yeah come work with me, if nothing else I'm insane...and therefore considered LOTS of fun :)

Something will work itself out, I fully believe it always does, having been laid off myself at one point, was total life changing experience for me.

prin said...

Yey penggins.

I never understood why they expect people to stay till the end. I mean, really, who's gonna be loyal to a sinking ship?

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Sounds like you need some down time.

B said...

OH, how I wish I could take all of Dec off. For real.

Mike said...

You could always move into drugs.

I hear they pay well ;)

myself said...

I'm going to agree with Prin here. As much as I loved Lufthansa when I worked there (I loved the airline, but not the working), when I knew 5 months before I was to be laid off....it was hard to get up every day and go in there knowing they were about to stab me in the back for my 7 years of undying service to them.

KA said...

Poor penguin!

You could try working for yourself, i mean your pictures are BEAUTIFUL. You could probably make a decent living with them, right?

Sweet T said...

I am sure things will work out for the best. I am a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason. You should be miss positive in all this, and you should most definitely look forward to a month off!!!

Unknown said...

I strongly believe in Fairytale... You will meet your job charming... Though you may need to kiss a few frogs on the way... :)

BYE
MAD

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Taking a month off is just the ticket - what a great idea. You will have so much time to rethink and regroup and love again without stress and strain of worry. Good luck!