Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OK I did it

I sent my dad a note... nothing confrontational, just some honest words on why I took so long to reply to his (unfair) email and that I was still digesting the situation, but that I was there for him and that I missed him.

Sent him a couple photos from the weekend (of his grandson) and reminded him that he always said family was the most important thing, so now what? not in those exact words but the drift was there

I honestly have no clue if he'll respond. I just wish my stepmom would get in touch with me, we really need to talk - need to ask her opinion about a family intervention.

The silence worries me, and I'm too chickenshit to call.

F*****************CK!

/end of What Have I Done post/

12 comments:

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

This thing with your dad......i hope it gets better.

Lola Smiles said...

you did what a lot of us wished we would have or could do with our own dysfunctional Dads!

don't be so hard on yourself.

i hope it gets better for you too.

myself said...

you've done what you felt you need to do, and now the ball is in his court.

hugs :)

Technodoll said...

CD, thanks... I guess you guys will hear about it when things move.

Lola, thank you... I don't think I would have written to him without the advice from yesterday.

Myself, totally. Now I wait (but not on pins and needles).

Sweet T said...

I hope this gets better soon ((hugs))

Katie said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. It's a tough place to be in when you have to be the parent to your parent.

I hope everything turns out well with you and your dad.

prin said...

Yey!

I've been through a lot with my dad. I've sent many, many an email, sometimes overly harsh, spiteful and mean, and he hasn't left permanently yet.

It'll be ok. Just take care of you.

Technodoll said...

Sweet T, thank you!

Katie, yeah I just wish I could be the kid all the time, you know?

Prin, if I saw more of my dad I'm sure we could hash it out... as it is, we see each other maybe twice a year? No good!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Good for you girl. Baby steps but they work too to get you to where you want to be. Love, patience and babysteps!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

A woman of action! Good for you.

Technodoll said...

Yep, all I can do is wait now, right?

KA said...

You're very brave. Sometimes honesty is the most difficult thing in the world. I'm glad you were able to do it and I hope that it yields good results for you, and facilitate some communication and openness between the two of you!