Well, it's autumn inching towards winter, that's for sure... Today was the reason rainboots, umbrellas and the suicide prevention hotline were invented. I'll let you fill in the blanks!
The awesome Vegas helped me get my LinkedIn profile up and running this afternoon; I then spent over an hour adding connections so hopefully I'll see some job leads trickle in eventually. Just feel much better now that my CV is being fleshed out - yesterday I had nothing and was freaking the hell out about it... I just need to do a little bit every day until I find a job, you know?
Anyways. Maybe this break will force me to learn how to relax?!
LOL - as if.
Tonight is silky butternut squash soup and buttermilk biscuits, the dogs have meaty goat bones, then it's movies n'popcorn while the icy cold rain continues to pelt the windows in a most depressing way. Ass nuggets!
Don't forget to vote on the new poll ---> see side bar.
This is all my brain can handle at the moment, am wishing you all a most pleasant weekend filled with booze, hot chocklit, squats, sex, ice cream, whatever turns your crank!
/end of Spanking The Deadbeats post/
8 comments:
TAKE A BREAK WOMAN! It'll be good for you, I SWEAR!
I agree with toughgirl. Or...come visit me! :)
reeeeellllllaaaaaxxxxxxxxxx and don't panic...it's all going to work itself out (drink wine....that's my prescription!)
Yey! I'm so glad I'm getting a vacation from the miserableness, even though it verges on unbearably hot every now and then throughout the day. :D
Life takes you where you need to be, you know? You worked there until you were ready to find Vegas, and now that you have him, there's no reason for life to have kept you there. Time to grab your Vegas by the horn and live life to the fullest. ;)
I really like that title...liquid sunshine.
Butternut squash soup is absolutely amazing.
Toughgirl, I don't know HOW to take a break, I've been on the run for 13 years nonstop... ugh. I need to be needed, you know?
PrincessB, I might just do that. Seriously, very seriously considering it. It's not a very long drive, is it?...
Myself, definitely some vino... but like I told Toughgirl, I don't know HOW to stop and smell the roses. *runs around flailing arms in the air*
Prin, true dat. I keep telling myself that it's not so bad, we have love and it's all we need. But. Until I have a new job, and a good one... I will have heartburn.
Frank, the soup turned out amazingly tasty, yey! Served piping hot with a dollop of sour cream and warm homemade biscuits...
That first sentence "autumn inching towards winter"....yeah that one got me all jealous.
I live in Malaysia woman. It's like the Caribbean here. Hot all year round. No such thing as "seasons" here.
Le sigh.
You are the second person whose talked about LinkedIn...maybe I should check it out...
Post a Comment