Tuesday, December 18, 2007

When disaster strikes...

...it makes you appreciate how good your life really is.

Today, about 100 people in a nearby neighborhood lost their homes to a devastating fire, one week before Christmas. They left for work in the morning and came home to smoking rubble.

I imagine if this ever happened to me and I have trouble breathing... I would eventually recuperate from the material loss (I think... not sure though cuz some precious things can never be replaced) but to imagine my furkids trapped in a burning building while I didn't know or couldn't do anything to save them?

I'd have to be institutionalized for a mental breakdown.

Gone to pet and cuddle my kids now.

G'nite.

3 comments:

prin said...

(hugs)

Skryker said...

and more (hugs).

When we found the overheated sewing machine and the scorch in the carpet, I had a breakdown. It wasn't the things I was worried about, it was Bear, the dogs and the cat. Everything else can be replaced but not them.

Technodoll said...

Yeah. You girls get me. Sigh.