In the midst of this day, I found balance.
For the most part I felt blue, tired, out of place and just blah for no damn reason. No appetite... just had breakfast, some fruit and a soup for dinner - and I'm a 3-meals-a-day-plus-snacks kinda girl.
Walked to the tanning place after work in blowing cold winds (it's a good 30 mins at a brisk pace) and yes, the light is good for the brain, not to mention the ensuing freckles... I like my freckles, they remind me of summer and braids for some reason.
Man, do I ever ramble. Sorry... to the point:
Got home and suited up, the kids were raring to go! go! go! out in the snow! snow! snow! and who could refuse them? And you know what?
I had a blast!
A few blocks up my street there is a huge commercial school of sorts, surrounded by enormous linked parking lots. What that amounts to in snowy winters is a gigantic playground of endless 20-foot high snowbanks, w00t! Plus, the fresh snow is so fluffy white, you just sink into it between mountains of packed snow, then there are the big empty smooth spaces to run in...
Ah. I regained my energy right there by spending it all being a kid again.
The dogs had a terrific time, and I feel like a good mommy.
*grin*
You all saw the pics of my buried car below, right?
Well after the play, they sat quietly while I dusted off the car and shoveled about 1/3 of the snow off... I quit after 30 mins cuz I was drenched in sweat and there was nowhere to put the damn snow anyways. The snowplows are just gonna bury me again so there was no point in putting in too much effort for now.
Now it's time to feed the kids and grab a glass of red wine, and hit the bed early tonight. Work is stressful this week and I was hard on Vegas today with my self-pitying whining - bad girlfriend.
Tomorrow... the sun shines, no matter what.
4 comments:
For better or for worse?
I was short on food today but was super hungry. We're opposites. :D Now the house is stocked up with excellent munchables. Yey!
For better :-)
Please keep eating... I need to lose a couple of pounds! LOL!
Sorry about that wish for no more grey. :(
As long as my brain is sunny, it's all ok. This will be a winter to remember, at least there is that... and I have the photos to prove it!
Post a Comment