Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Does size really matter?

Is anyone else tired of seeing those "miracle weight loss diet pills" ads on TV?

"I went from a size 16 to a size 4 in three months!" says skeletal bimbo showing off the gigantic pants she used to wear.

Really. Who the hell cares?

I stopped wearing a size 4 a good ten years ago, in my mid 20's - when I finally developed those nice woman hips. And now that I am a size 6, I just can't get back down to smaller no matter what I do. And I've recently stopped trying to - men *like* curves on a woman, they *like* having something to hold on to besides a bag of bones.

Trust me, I've polled the mens and this is what I keep hearing over and over again.

Healthy is in, dieting is out!

Eat well, eat sensibly, exercise loads and the rest will work itself out. Indulge in your cravings once in a while in order to not go crazy, just don't overdo it.

Accept your bone structure, body type and genetic baggage and aim to be the best you can based on that, and not the best imitation of an anorexic runway model. When you love the body you're in... it will love you back.

Sure beats a wheelchair any day.

2 comments:

prin said...

I lost 160lbs on the Single Girl Plan. For fifteen easy installments of $129.99, I'll tell you how you can do it too!

I'm pudgey. 's just a fact of life. *pokes pudges with index finger*

Technodoll said...

wow prin... you're selling out cheap! :-D