So I was in my kitchen a bit earlier, cooking up a storm (no pun intended) and had my iPod on, when suddenly a big flash just burnt my retinas. Wtf? Lightening? In a massive blizzard? Nooo! Shut off the music then heard a grumble, I could have sworn it was thunder.
Is this even possible?
I am so taking photos of the mess outside once it stops pelting, I can't get snow on my camera (it's blowing at a 45 degree angle) so it'll have to wait.
The wind is howling, icy snow is scratching against my windows and thank god I don't need to go out for anything - I was smart to get it all done yesterday. I've cooked up a big batch of spicy yummy chili, will bake some potatoes later on and have myself a feast... fragrant chicken and veggie broth is also simmering on the oven, will make a veggie rice soup later on.
At least snow is good for one thing: winter food! Yay!
Oooo creepy: the little one is dreaming @ REM stage but her eyes are open - gahh! Why did I even look? *creeped out now*
I don't think much is going to be functional tomorrow... the roads will be a giant mess (snow will fall for the next 24 hours), so everyone will try to pack into public transportation - which will also be a mess. I feel really bad for the commuters.... at least I can walk to work. It won't be pleasant but it's do-able.
A cop warned me yesterday to take the snow off the roof of my car: it's a $200 fine, and I need to do it NOW or ELSE. Awesome. So I did, and now it's all back on again.
If I were rich, I would have taken the fucking ticket and screw that. Wait. If I were rich, I would have a heated garage and no snow on my car at all - oh well. Maybe in my life with Vegas, we'll pool our resources and get ourselves a decent place to live.
I can't wait!
5 comments:
That sounds crazy. Come to think of it I can't say I've ever seen lightening while there's been snow on the ground. Odd that I've never thought of that until now. Hope others shovel their sidewalks for you. Sometimes walking to where you need to go is just as bad as driving with the ice. Take care chica!
Are you sure it wasn't just the sound and flash of a transformer exploding? That sounds more likely. :D
Was it you or me who watched The Day After Tomorrow this morning? :D
Clean off your roof! It's dangerous, youuuuu. *wags finger*
daszzle, i'm not going anywhere far for the next day or so! man oh man, this one is naaaasty!
prin - just spoke to one of my friends on the other side of the city and she thought she was going crazy cuz she saw/heard the same thing as i did - so it WAS lightening and thunder! holy sh*t!
Oh yes there was lightening and thunder today at that exact time... Jim and I just couldn't believe it and I don't think I've ever known thunder during a blizzard, have you?
Dani
Dani - wasn't that the freakiest thing?? I am so happy I wasn't the only one to witness this, I thought I was going maaaad! LOL! How are the furkids enjoying this snow??
Post a Comment