Still swallowing bitter disappointment but I'm focusing on the future now: we're starting a new year in less than a week, and then it'll be my birthday a few weeks after that and my reward for not crying as I enter a new decade will be a glorious incubator! For me it signifies new life, new adventures, new beginnings.
Everything for a reason.
Vegas and I spent a quiet xmas eve watching our favorite movies (Flash Gordon, Bad Santa, Spinal Tap), we exchanged gifts and drank non-boozy bubbly - it was good! - while listening to cheesy Christmas music, very quaint :)
This is my favorite prezzie, the Rooster of Luck And Happiness:
Christmas Day afternoon was spent at my brother's place with family, we set out loads of food on the table and had a buffet-style meal to ease the pressure of cooking and cleaning in a small house with a 2-year old in a leg cast. Yes I stuffed myself and no, it's not going in the "junk food watch" box! Some things have to remain private... shameful things.
Once a year it's all calorie-free, you know!
We had a fun gift exchange with my mom acting as MC, she put a lot of time and effort into making it memorable and for that I thank her from the bottom of my heart. She's the heart glue of the family!
After that we drove home and my mom, stepdad, sister and her BF came to sleep over, we had a nice breakfast together and now they're on their way for more family visits, hoping to make their way home before the predicted storm settles in. Not sure if it's snow or rain or a mix of both that's heading our way but I hope it's not a mess.
All is quiet in the house now... Vegas is watching his beloved
Dante aka "minge" can pull such unflattering faces sometimes... to whit:
Today's for resting, and I mean it. The lack of sunshine is a drain on the system, it's dull gray days after dull gray days and all the Vitamin D supplements in the world aren't helping.
Mmm, naps... hot tea... a play in the snow with the doggies and that'll be it. Leftovers for dinner and perhaps a movie tonight, if I can stay awake that long.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, please do tell me about it!
/end of Happy Boxing Day, Peeps! post/
Mmm, naps... hot tea... a play in the snow with the doggies and that'll be it. Leftovers for dinner and perhaps a movie tonight, if I can stay awake that long.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, please do tell me about it!
/end of Happy Boxing Day, Peeps! post/
14 comments:
minge...ha!
I love your chicken...and that Dante...so dreaming and cute!!!
Your Christmas sounds delightful. I had a good one too, but you have to 'come over' and read for yourself. :)
Hugs to you!!!
Suz
Myself, I'm glad someone got this! LOL
Busy Bee, you forgot to warn me to bring a bib!
Oh I'm sorry you didn't get a new little hatchling for Christms. Maybe for New Years?
Hope the headache goes away...fighting one here too:(
sounds like you had a nice time! like the new art for the house. I don't know about you though, but I will be SO GLAD when the holidays are over!
hurray for the chicken of luck and happiness :)
hurray for minge!
minge has a funny face, but I think that's just the way it goes when your lips are the length of your legs :D
such a cutie.
It does come and go quickly. I had a great time. Can't wait to eat all the left overs today. Sounds like you had a good one! Love the chicken, they make collecting fun.
I have allot of Roosters! Love the pup, too cute. I shopped today and got gifts for next year and all the wrap,ribbon & bags!
He's a cutie!
I think I have one of those roosters in a box somewhere. If I find it, I'll give it to ya. I'm not really a rooster/chicken girl.
Glad you had fun with the fams. :)
I'm a little bit late but Merry Christmas!
It sounds like you had a great Christmas! I like your new Rooster of luck! (And we watched parts of Bad Santa too!)
Sorry you didnt get any chicks for Christmas, but they will come, you will see!
Happy Holidays to you and Vegas!
dante is H-U-G-E! what kind of chiuahah is he again....? bwahahaha
love the new roo, how cute is that!
sounds like you guys had great christmas but i am with you on where the heck did time go?
ours flew too.
now to prepare for the new year... ugh
c
I had pizza for Christmas dinner and it was gooood. A splurge is a good thing!
Your incubator is the coolest thing I have heard of someone getting in a while. I can't wait to hear more about this. I love how deeply you involve yourself in newfound passions. Awesome!
Post a Comment