Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post #2,363

Just thought I would point out how bloggalific I am.

Or I just talk a lot.

Today was a day of reckoning with Mother Nature. There was a helluva snow storm here yesterday, apparently more snow fell in a single day than normally falls all winter - of course, this has to happen the only year we have a mile-long driveway and no money for a snow blower or snow removal services.

Of course.

Our kind neighbor from across the street came by with his machine and helped clear the driveway though, so that was really sweet. Yey for friendly grandpas! We still had to manually shovel a crapload of snow, digging paths between buildings, clearing the deck, etc. Oh well. C'est l'hiver!

Did I mention it's -26C (-15F) with the wind chill?

And oh, there are brutal winds, many brutal winds.

In the afternoon we drove to the next town over for errands and the fan/heater on our 20-month old Mazda decided to kick the bucket. So no heat in the car and the inside windows all frosted up - brilliant!

Silver lining: Vegas snagged an appointment with the dealership for tomorrow, last open day before New Year's holidays and all that. Yey! I assume the broken part is under warranty since it's still relatively new and has low mileage.

It better be.

In other news, the little roo Sunshine that has been in the house and on meds the past 10 days is showing zero signs of improvement. His lungs are fucked. If he's not better by the weekend, it's very possible that he is genetically weak and will have to be culled :(

I have two other girls in the coop that are also coughing, two of my best layers, so I have to bring them in too and start them on antibiotics, what HELL! They're older and stronger though and if I cured Antoinette in the fall, I can cure her sisters.

No more chickens allowed in the house as of mid-January, so they need to hurry up and get better. PLEASE!

This is ridiculous, am fed up with all the drama - if it's not one thing, it's another.

Am I cursed?!

Kay, time to dig through the leftovers and watch some House with hubby, although I'm tempted to sit in a hot bath to warm these cold feet first.

I wonder if I can eat dinner in the bathtub?

/end of Silly Ponderings post/

6 comments:

prin said...

Why no more chickens in the house after Jan?

Tonya said...

Awe, sicks "kids" are the worst. hope they all get better soon. Remind me never to visit Montreal this time of year. wow, that's cold! brrr!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

My little heart bleeds for your chickens...your cold feet and your car.
*hmmmfff*
I dont know what to do now. Praying I will do. If that doesn't work, I will sell my shoes and send money.
get ready for some silver coins.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's worth a try ... eating dinner in the tub! I am so sorry for the problems that you are having. I feel so bad for your chickens. I will pray for them to get healthy.
Stay warm.

Technodoll said...

Prin, the house will be on the market then and we can't show potential buyers a smelly bathroom crammed with sick chickens, LOL!

Surfergrrl, yup it's colder than satan's butthole. Terrible!

Busy Bee, didn't they used to put silver coins on the eyes of dead people? LOL LOL!

Just Breathe, thank you! The bubble bath was lovely, but dinner was eaten in the kitchen... so conservative, eh? :)

Lady B, you brits are so tough! ha ha!

Rebecca Foster said...

I am of the opinion anything worth doing can be done in the bathtub. It's one of the my favorite places, too!

Canadians are going to survive anything, that cold, cold weather has made you the strongest living things on earth. This I believe.

Because I am a soft Southern Texan, I will be one of the first ones to go. When it hits 0 C, it's like the world's ending to me, lol.

Happy New Year! And I'll send good thoughts for your chickies.