Sunday, December 20, 2009

The "I" post (used a hunnert times!)

I know I should blog more, I want to blog more - not just about problems and worries and laundry lists, but about real things that touch my life and *mean* something...

But then there's the wall.

I'm kinda private about some things and have difficulty expressing what I really want to say, so I divert to the easy stuff (ranting, cussing, talking about the weather and what's for dinner... well, if you read this blog then you already know all of this).

Um, I sure I had a point in here somewhere. Oh yes:

I'm blessed to be surrounded by incredible people.

I really am.

I don't go out much and avoid the phone like the plague (yey for innernets though!), but my heart is full of love for those of you patient and kind enough to see me through the highs and lows of the past years and decades.

I often say stupid things I don't mean because it's easier to be mad than to be sad.
I take days and weeks to return phone calls and emails because I have so much to say I don't know where to begin and when I do, there's the blockage again.
I'm lazy and imagine people know what I'm thinking so that should be good enough.
How do you tell someone how much they mean to you without it coming across as silly, needy or out of place?
I'm a loner. I know I need to make an effort to get out there and see people, to catch up face to face, to experience life in 3D! I am trying, just taking baby steps. So thank you for being patient and accepting this is how I am, that doesn't mean I don't care - promise.

I don't know if this post makes any sense whatsoever to anyone except myself, it was a fumbled attempt at gratitude and I think I need to scrap this and start over.

Bah I'm hitting the post button, let it fall where it may.

Something like that!

/end of This Was Lame post/

12 comments:

prin said...

Makes sense to meeeee. :)

*hugs*

Merry Christmas, you.

Katie said...

It makes sense to me too. :) I'm a lot the same way. I don't like answering on the phone. Talking on it can also physically exhaust me.

My email constantly overwhelms me.

But nevertheless, I have amazing friends that put up with all of those quirks.

Thank you for sharing what you do. We all love you for it.

Here to more happy that sad days.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Gotcha! Totally understandable!

Sweet T said...

Definitely understand :)
*hugs*
Hope you have a Merry Christmas filled with happy doggies and healthy chickies :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Gratituede is always a good thing. I get you...I feel what you are saying and not saying. :)

Fyi, I don't socialize as much as I used to...I get so consumed in my family and my home, but I am ok with that. I loathe the phone too. You are not alone.
Hugs...warm hugs!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

it would be nice if I could spell gratitude properly.
**oops**

Kathryn said...

This is totally understood. I know as well that I have wonderful family and friends - yet I am the same person who screens her calls. Oops. The friends I have are true blue. They may be few in number, but they are true. And that's all that really matters.

Happy Monday!

Curly said...

If you changed and got all normal, you wouldn't be interesting anymore. What would I read with my morning coffee? More than once I've spit out coffee onto my screen over something you've ranted about. I'd have to go back to the newspaper.

Farley said...

i am exactly the same i cant express my feelings lol

Farley said...

i want a chicken!

Lola Smiles said...

I'm like Farley! LOL

and I hate, hate the phone

and yeah, a loner too!

I totally can relate!

Merry Xmas you!
xo

Rebecca Foster said...

You are wonderful just the way you are. I love that I have friends that are like you are. Balance in all things, as the Chinese would say. Yin/yang is a principle I believe in.

I understand about needing to find the line between sharing truth and privacy. I tend to opt for the privacy end of the spectrum. Sometimes I have to go back and change posts because I strayed further away than I am comfortable with.