'Tis a perfect winter day!
Tons of fat white snowflakes are streaming down, covering the land and trees with a thick blanket of winter, it's very mild and there is no wind so the snow is sticky, a snow fight's delight! Of course we'll be cussing like sailors tomorrow when it's time to shovel the mile-long driveway but oh well, thems the breaks...
I had forgotten that we had access to trails in the woods backing our property since you can only go there in the wintertime (summer is a nightmare of marshes, brush and bugs), so we decided a snowy walk with the doggies was in order.
First, had to make sure the flock was well-fed, dry and toasty:

The two Technos all goofy-like n'junk (to quote Prin!):

The snow was coming down hard but the fatheads ran harder!

Vegas: "Wheeeeeeeeeeee!"

We are so going to enjoy these trails the next few months! YEAH!

There were happy hunting girlies:

And happy fatheads aka Snow Eating Machines:

Find the furries...
Oh, this should SO be a 2,000-piece puzzle for masochists!

BoooYeaaahhh! Behold, the Mysterious Forest Tongue Beast!

You know life is good when Brits wear the Hat Of Canadia!

If you ever see something like this approaching at a fast clip...

Be prepared for THIS to happen:

"I'm so gonna get you on the head with a snowball..." :-o

I don't know what went on here.

The 7-month old, 99 lbs snow-catching machine! Watch!

There he gooooes! ShehZZZAM!

Everyone gets a well-deserved cookie (can you spot Mr. Oh JOY JOY?)

The Technos got Christmas cookies and hot tea:

While the storm rages outside and the xmas light shines in the window...

Hope you enjoyed spending the day with us! Right now I have some pizza dough is rising in the bread machine, we're making "personalized pan pizzas" for dinner tonight to round up this lovely day :)
Oh, in a fit of despair and heartbreak yesterday, I went on a retail therapy rampage - yey Walmart - and found a super-duper squishy soft leopard-print blankie for snuggling on the couch. We still have a ton of House episodes to watch (my stepmom lent us all the boxed sets!) so yeah, life is good.
/end of What Has Your Day Been Like? post/
15 comments:
It looks like so much fun. I do miss walking in the snow. Looks like the dogs had a blast. Love the pictures, they are all so cute.
nope. don't miss the snow one bit, very much enjoying the snowless sidewalks here and the ability to wear shoes! hahahah
I'll show the Brit in the Canada hat to a friend ;-) we'll have a giggle.
What a fabulous day!!! I love all the pictures and I appreciate you taking me with you..from the comfort of my own home (toasty) and with not a drop of dog drool to be found. Unless I look around really hard.:)
The pups look great. You and Vegas look blissfully happy...and for that I am smiling!
Enjoy that pizza!!!
cracked up with the "Find the furries" comment! in fact, i think i HAVE the 5000 piece version!!!!!
What gorgeous photos! I wanted to see snow so bad this year, you guys look like you had a blast on the trails!
Awesome! Great pics & great smiles. :)
Soooo not the day I had. :D It didn't really snow here. :(
I totes have to come visit again'n'junk. :D
I know you didn't post these pictures so we'd say this, but you are a beautiful lady! Your spirit and love for all living things shines through your smile and eyes. Your kind of beauty is true and lasting.
I have to say, you *almost* made me want to visit a snowy place. Beautiful scenery! Looks very cozy.
So many dogs! such lovely pictures! I can't wait to see more of these. Not to mention the fact that you and your man are very photogenic!
Wow that was such a fun display of pictures. I was like Walking In A Winter Wonderland! Thanks for posting it all. I had fun!
ohhhh thank you for sharing your wonderful day! felt like i was there! how fun to frolick in the snow with the kids.... we did that here too as we got over 2 feet. i LERVE snowy days... its so beautiful.
great pictures too!
awww, have as much fun as you can on those trails.... ya'll cozy up with your lil pizzas and have a warm night!
c
it's all fun and snow until the shoveling has to start *cry* - it was a fun day in the woods though :)
Wow TD, thanks for the ride!!!! What great pix. the snow, smiles, puppy dogs, all so beautiful!!! This was a great post that I will come back to when I end my crazy day. xoxoxoxox
Lots of fun, eh? Love the doggie pics and laughed out loud for the one of the big doggie licking ur face. The dog is huge compared to you.
I keep wanting to reply to each comment individually and then run out of mojo, LOL!
So a big global THANKS for the luv and there will be more pics soon, as there was more snow that fell... UUGGHH. My shoveling arms hurt but it sure is pretty out there :)
wow great pictures as always! You have the most amazing skin and beautiful smile. Nice job!
Post a Comment