Sunday, December 6, 2009

A journey

I love capturing moments in life, if not to share then just to remember things by. Here are a few snapshots of the trip to my dad's.
Thursday, there was a long trip to the city's bus station (thanks for driving me, Vegas!):

Sat there for a while, admiring the various warnings to travellers:

Got accosted by a happy drunk sipping coffee, he was quite entertaining:

Yey, finally sitting in the bus, we're off!

Drive drive drive...

It was a dreary, rainy day made doubly icky by the insipid city infrastructure:

So I read my book:

And tried to ignore the ugly scenery whipping by outside:

Then there was another bus station, tempting my parched throat with fizzies:

To whit: limp holiday cheer and public toilets, yey!

Finally arrived at my dad's, where my stepmom's xmas decorations always abound:

Every year there are new pretty things to admire:

Everywhere is about celebrating, although I'm not sure WHAT is being celebrated:

There was good food, there was a movie or two, there was Trival Pursuit on the Wii, there was a nice photo session where I snapped happy smiles, there were crisp walks around the neighborhood and interspersed through all of that was a shitload of dramah caused by people who don't have a grip on life.

How children can cause that much anguish and how parents can have that much patience, I will never know. Thank god my side of the family is... normal. Waaay normal.

Anyways. I'm back home sweet home now, Vegas did a superb job at keeping the fort and I'm very grateful for his support. He's my best bra :-D

I'll try to shake off the blahs and see what this day brings, so far it's zero holiday cheer so the tree and decorations will just have to wait. There is no snow on the ground and the thought of fighting the mobs at the store give me the willies. At some point it'll get done, screw getting dictated by the calendar. Life's too short.

Belly tickles!

/end of Last Photos Until Camera Is Fixed post/

15 comments:

Vegas said...

I lol'd at the christmas cheer with toilets :) That and the photo of popeye.

Let's go walking.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I told you there are always some strange folks at bus stations. I should go hang there for entertainment.
Glad you made there. Glad you visited. Glad you made it home. Glad you have a normal side to your family...that is refreshing. :)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Well those pictures were nice to share, especially the ones at your stepmoms house...very Christmasy.

I feel you on the holiday cheer. No Bah Humbugs for you..it will come. We just put up our tree this weekend. And it will stay until New Years.

And that comment about Vegas being your best bra..that's a great play on words for support.

Stephanie said...

Oh I love how you told this story in pictures!
Glad you had a great time and met some interesting peeps along the way:)

Tonya said...

love the drunk guy. the decorations at their house look amazing...the scenery to get there...not so much glad you had a good weekend.

Frank said...

I'm glad that I can click the pictures big so I can read the book along with you...but now I can't turn the page...AAAHHH, torture!

Rebecca Foster said...

I love your pictures. You have such an eye!

Wow, your bus station is so nice! lol, I forgot that elsewhere in the world bus/train stations are not one of the layers of hell.

Welcome home, glad you had a great trip! I am also glad for the lack of drama in my family. Thanks, bros and sissies!

C said...

hey my youtube video is still up and running i dont know why you couldnt see it... try again, toots..
so glad you had a nice vacation! i knew vegas would do well at his end... behind every good woman there is a... erm, derriere....... bwahahahahaha...
couldnt resist. no offense vagas. hey im on percocet... what can i say.
glad you are back. theres nuttin like a shitload of drama at the holidays...
yuk


ohmygod! if you guys havent seen "four christmases" you JUST HAVE TO! it is so ferking hilarious. with vince vaugn n reese witherspoon! lemme know if you see it. i nearly peed my pants.
c

C said...

ps

great pictures btw

C said...

ppss

we got our first snow last night.
6 inches.

been a looong time since i've had six inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfao bwahahahahaha

sorry

















not really

Kathryn said...

Awesome pix. And, well, there's always going to be interesting folks at bus stations. Seems like you had a good visit - awesome. Glad you are back home safe and sound and that Vegas did a good job with the animals - he shall now be called Dr. Dolittle. ;o)

Was at the Met this past weekend for my first opera EVEH. It was so amazing. Talk about photo ops - but of course no camera to fit in the pockets of my evening dress. Had to do the touristy thing and see the tree @ Rockefeller Center. It was so nice and really made it feel like the Christmas season for me.

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww happy days

Anonymous said...

we have the most amazing tree in our house and my mum bought fab tastic decorations ahhhhhhhhhh xmas i love it!

Farley said...

i love canada i cant wait to visit again

Technodoll said...

Vegas, popeye smelled like "happy times coffee" if you know what I mean, LOL! Funny ol'drunk :-D

Busy Bee, I may have caught the lurgy surrounded by all those people to and from destination... yeecchh I hate germies!

Daring, he he yeah, hims the best support! We decided to put up the tree later this week, no rush... it's only for us anyways, right?

ModernMom, glad you enjoyed "travelling" with me!

Surfergrrl, until we get a thick coat of snow, everything outside is just sooo dreary! ugh!

Frank, you can get your own copy you know! LOL

Rebecca, after seeing how people in China travel I agree, this is like a dreamy place!

C, you crack me UP, girl! I'll make a note of the movie, thanks!! Now gimme at least 8 inches (of snow) and we'll call it winter... :-D