Office monkey. That's my new, self-apposed title.
Sigh.
I have a feeling I'll be slugging back alot of coffee today... just a hunch. That's what you get for slacking off on a Friday, I guess.
Seeing as I'm short on time for blogging these days - and I don't see it getting better - I hope you won't mind if I don't respond to you individually in post comments anymore. I'd rather spend that time reading your stuff and commenting there - hey, it's all about priorities, LOL!
Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post, the one about the grannie. I'm glad it brought you all comfort and a smile.
However, I didn't post it to get kudos or anything, but I thought it was such a perfect illustration of Karma and being linked, and also the incident affected me so much, well, I couldn't stay quiet about it. The counterbalance to all of this are all the homeless people that litter the sidewalks full of Christmas shoppers, sitting there freezing and some of them crying - specially the old ones - it all makes me feel ill, sick to my stomach.
I can't help them all and even giving them a bit of money isn't really helping, it's a tiny band-aid and that's it. Society is limping, crippled on broken crutches and I just have to learn to deal with it. I guess.
But the damn least I can do is take charge when Karma says ¨here you go¨. I don't want thanks for it, I want to be able to sleep at night without my conscience kicking me in the shins.
Gotta love the conscience.
\end of Life Is A Circus post\
8 comments:
Enjoy all the coffee,you little monkey you.
I am glad you can sleep at night too....that is what we do. we help who and when we can.
take care,
suz
Ah yes, the conscience. I try to club mine into submission with booze whenever possible.
I feel for you. Mondays blow.
www.thebricktestament.com
go.
daughter
Dance, monkey, dance!
Finally, an appropriate context in which to use that.
If only everybody had a conscience, eh?
Monkey? Love the name! Mondays suck and I am ready to be done with work.
I guess I have a different image of a monkey as it relates to a person...so I would not call you that - but I know the feeling you describe.
Hang in there...
I'm right there monkeying around there with you! If only they gave us festive hats and organ music to dance to. Then we'd at least be all on the same page as to what we are.
I'm looking forward to the days (for you) when you get to go to the country. It's coming.
Post a Comment