Saturday, December 6, 2008

I get to marry a shark!

He he. A pool shark.

Last night we went out to play a few rounds with some friends, knocked back some beers and holy shit, Vegas had us all fooled:

"I'm very bad at pool"
"No, I swear I'm crap at it"
"I only played videogame pool"
"OK I used to play snooker like 15 years ago"

Good thing that I was on his team (cuz I seriously can't play to save my life), had I known he could clear a table by sinking impossible spectacular shots, hell I would have put money on the game and that would have paid for the christmas tree we bought this afternoon!

I'm seriously impressed.

He totally got some this morning, he he!

*stretches kinks out of neck*

I want to go out for vietnamese food tonight but gawd, I think I'm still full from Thursday night's cheese fondue party. We went to a friend of ours for dinner and, in true gay man fashion, he plied us with booze, a fondue fit for kings and speaking of kings (think Elvis here) dessert was:

"Kevin's Super Trashy Southern-Style Apple Dumplings"

Peel, core and halve a few apples.
Wrap each piece in Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough.
Place in baking dish, cover with thick mixture of melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pour half a can of Mountain Dew over the whole thing.
Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.

I swear on my mother's head, you will NEVER guess the ingredients to that recipe unless you see it made. One bite and I was in heaven, the kind where your mouth is so happy you forget sex exists.

Yes, it's that good. Sex In A Pan.

Right. OK. I'm packing on the calories and pounds like crazy and it's nowhere near crimmas yet... Sigh. I need to find a way to exercise, painlessly, in this crappy time of year. Too cold for walking, no snow yet so nothing to roll around in with the doggies.

Oh and yes, the naked tree is slowly warming up in a corner of the livingroom, it smells so nice. I was totally against the whole "let's decorate this place gaudily" shinding Vegas was insisting on, but now that we went out and got a bagful of kitch, I think it'll be a blast.

Cheesy christmas music from iTunes: check
Tons of tinsel garlands, knick-knacks, stars and candy canes: check
Stockings for the doggies: check
Santa hats in His and Hers: check
Seven year-old Havana Club rhum: check

Looks like we're all set!

/end of Happy Weekend To Everyone post/

10 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Playing pool???? sounds like a blast....he was pulling everyone's leg apparently. I have never been really good at it (and we have a nice pool table here) It is all about angles...geometry...that is why I stink.
That dessert sounds so awesome. I will have to try it. I love the cresent rolls so much I could eat a chunck of pooh in one. well maybe not.
The decorating sounds fun...it DOES change your mood.
take care,
suz

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Okay, thats just sexy cool - to see a man perform at the top of a game. Great job you two. And oh yes, that dessert - I am SO fixing that the next time I find myself in a depressed funk! I LOVE apple pie and my favorite ice cream is vanilla!

No worries about the calories..sounds like you had an amazing time. Oh - have you ever had Vietnamese coffee? YUM!

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, I would love to someday have a pool table at home... that would mean that I have a house big enough to put one in! LOL Oh and the dessert is to DIE for. It boggled my mind!

Daring, I promise that if you make that dessert you will not need sex for days afterwards! LOL! And no I've never had viet coffee... what's it like?

MaryAnn Ashley said...

Mountian Dew! Would've never guessed it. Sounds disgusting - but apparently not the case at all.

Frank said...

"He totally got some."

Doubtful. Everyone knows old people don't have sex.

Anonymous said...

Frank - Mountain Dew is a good lubricant. Keeps the cobwebs at bay :)

prin said...

"Cheesy christmas music from iTunes: check"

Ooo, did you buy Kermit the Frog singing Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, too?!?

Hehe.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Viet Coffee is just great coffee in a glass, then you get a separate glass to douse in the coffee full of creamy goodness and sugary delight. The hot and cold mix in a tall glass is yummy delicious. And the coffee is more like expresso, so you get this charge after drinking.

And about that dessert...I have to now pass..hubby doesnt like the idea of me not needing sex (LOL)

Frank said...

I like this Vegas fellow's style.

Technodoll said...

MaryAnn, yep it's super gross when you see it go in the oven... but my gosh. What comes out is unbelievable! yum yum yum!

Myself, we decorated enough for two households today ;-)

Frank, Vegas isn't old ;-)

Vegas, not sure how you think Mountain Dew should be used :-o

Prin, not yet!! We got the 1950's originals and hoboy, some of them are doozies! LOL

Daring, well feed HIM some then! ha ha!

Frank, me too... me too :-)