I was supposed to work today but decided that life had to be bigger than a job, it really had to. Sick of office work.
So I took the day off and instead enjoyed a late night yesterday, a late sleep-in this morning, a very windy yet sunny walk with the kids in the field, two breakfasts, popcorn, then lunch... and now we're heading out to run errands downtown, followed by a leisurely pasta dinner and a drink or two.
Besides, it's my big boy's birthday today (he turns 5! oh my, how time flies...), it's the eve of New Year's Eve and I am learning to enjoy life rather than be a slave to the paycheck and what others think of me.
So yeah.
*smiles*
Blogland gets a tad deserted around the holidays so I don't feel too guilty about disappearing a bit, myself, however I do miss the busy gossipy times...
Tomorrow we drive out to my dad's in the boonies and his dial-up internet connection is a disaster sooo I don't think to be online much until next weekend. I'll have to leave you with some really juicy stuff before leaving, then.
Let me come up with something later ;-)
PS: Edited to add: click HERE to see unbelievable cuteness turned into beauty, after going through plenty of gangly :-D
\end of Happy Hooligan post\
5 comments:
a day off is a good thing...life is MORE than office work!!!!!
Enjoy your day and time with the family.
**hugs**
that's your story and you're sticking to it eh?
hrmmmm....
Dial-up??
Noooo!!!!
Have fun :)
happy new year and hope you have a good time!!!
I hope you slept in for me today too.... *falls asleep while commenting*
Post a Comment