Books. I like books.
I like going to the bookstore and finding a bargain table right there for my greedy little hands to paw through, awesome books that I would have paid a lot more to get anyways (they were 4 for $10! woohooo! I got 8 books today!).
What I don't like is when these books get SO good, that I'm left incapable of putting them down until the wee hours of the night, then I can't sleep cuz the book still isn't done and my brain's on 5th gear and aren't the damn holidays supposed to be netting me MORE sleep, not LESS?
Books. I have a love\hate relationship with the really good ones.
Oh and the super loud giant snowplows were clearing our street at 2am too. It's a conspiracy to make us all living zombies.
Sean Of The Dead is on TV right now, seems appropriate.
So today is a giant ice-rink outside, one of my dogs went down the cement stairs on her chin and Vegas followed on his arse. He's been limping all afternoon, the poor man. It's impossible to walk anywhere since the sidewalks are pure suicide, it's raining and foggy and absolutely gross outside - a perfect day to snuggle on the couch with hot tea and homemade sweets.
Really, is there anything better than getting a tin full of your favorite childhood treats as a Christmas gift, baked specially for you by your mom?
I didn't think so :-D
Next Christmas, when I finally have a kitchen, I'm going crazy with the baking and since we'll be broke with a big mortgage on our backs, I guess everyone's going to have to be happy with tins of goodies instead of store-bought presents.
I can already hear the cheering!
Right, I need to go back to my book and perhaps some popcorn now - check out the ice-capades photos on my photo and dog blogs if you want to have a laugh.
\end of Bruises Glorious Bruises post\
5 comments:
I walked out my door, first step, I landed on my right hip (this would be the bad one, I'm gonna need a replacement by 50 if I keep going like this), stood up thanks to the mirror of my car and promptly fell on the left hip.
I wore my Yaktraks everywhere today. Screw that noise.
Smart move on staying in :D
Books rock. My house is a mountain of them.
Dude, we're so passed the age of gift giving. I'll take tins of goodies anyday.
I just can't imagine all the cold and ICE. I don't know how you northern folks do it!!
I can devour a good book and neglect my family all at the same time!
the ice is sucking my brain big time.
Poor Lola. We are going a little crazy staying inside too!
Books are cool. Any reviews on them?
I envy you that you can read so many books. I have the opposite problem. I read a few sentences and I'm asleep.
Sean of the Dead is awesome!
Sorry about the weather. Sounds yucky. Hope it starts getting nicer soon!
Post a Comment