Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The eyes have it!

If you want to know why I don't leave the house without makeup, maybe the below photos will set the story straight. My skin is splotchy, my eyes are normally so dry they look like cherries, I have to pencil in my brows and there's nothing I can do about those damn wrinkles *cries*

However!

The geniusses (geni?) behind war paint - aka makeup - are my superman, here is a sample of what good stuff can do!

No eye makup on yet:

Now with L’Oréal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Mascara and some eye shadow:

See? No contest! It's Zombirella va Captain Glam!

I really love the stuff: it glides on smooth (a freaking miracle to find a mascara that does NOT clump!), the white base coat is a bit creepy at first but then it gets 100% covered by the coloured mascara - I am wearing black - and... best of all... it washes off very easily with soap and water! Another miracle, LOL!

Ya know, it's supposed to retail in Canada for about $15 a tube but I love it so much that I'd bite the bullet and actually buy some. And if you know thrifty me... you know that's a huge endorsement!

Girlies, don't hesitate to try it for yourselves! (except those who are born with natural beauty and don't need to wear any makeup. No bragging here either, please! *shakes fist*)

/end of Wow I Love This Stuff! post/

17 comments:

myself said...

no natural beauty but I wear next to no makeup other than under eye concealer and mascara. Not sure I want to drop that much for this stuff though...hrmmmm.....

Katie said...

Ha ha! Love the "Zombirella va Captain Glam." Not Zombirella by the way.

But I must admit that mascara looks amazing! I'll have to go look for it down here in the states.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Wrinkles? Where?! Not on those picture! It looks lovely though...great coverage on your lashes!

Sian said...

I see no wrinkles, just a pretty baby blue :o)

I can't wear mascara - it irritates my eyes something rotten :o(

KA said...

ick. makeup gets into my eyes when i work out and hurts. it stings baaaad.

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong if I thought the before picture was better?

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have gorgeous eyes..you are so brave to take such closeups...I don't see any wrinkles
**me, shaking my fist**
Love your brows too, mine are thick....the mascara looks great. I would give it a try since you are endorsing it.
take care,
suz

Anonymous said...

Mike - you aren't allowed to say things like that, women never believe they look better without makeup. Just nod and smile :)

prin said...

lol!! That's no fair. The second one is lit brighter than the first. I call brainwashing!

And frankly, I kinda like the first one better. I'm a fan of delicate lashes rather than clumpy thick mascara spiders.

But that's just me, in all my non-make up wearing bias.

Dolce said...

Lately I haven't been wearing makeup thinking I look good without it, until I just looked at myself in the mirror.

YIKES!

Frank said...

You done got purty eyes :)

Tea Lady said...

Mmm - no wrinkles in sight :)

That mascara works well. I like your makeup - your eyes look a lot brighter in the second pic.

I'm always wary of clumping with the white primer first, then the black mascara. But it seems to have worked well!

prin said...

See? The Tea Lady was tricked by your trick photography! Tricked!!

Technodoll said...

Myself, if it works I will pay for it... yes I'm stupid that way. Sigh.

Katie, it's really smooooth. No fibers that flake and clump, I just love it!

Daring, awe thanks! Plenty of wrinkles when I squint, eh!

Sian, most mascaras scrape the heck out of my eyes, it's terrible. This is one of the few that seems to be kind to me :-)

Kat, you could get waterproof stuff, LOL!

Mike, yes. Listen to Vegas.

Busy Bee, if you do try it someday I'd love to hear your feedback! And see a photo ;-)

Vegas, thou art wise beyond your years...

Prin, c'mon you love spiders! LOL! And as for the light, it's not about how makeup makes me look... it's about how it makes me feel. Light and sparkly!

Dolce, I think you can relax on that one for a bit! Trust me! (hugs)

Frank, awe thank ye!

LadyB, that's just stress speaking. I know it is.

Tea Lady, I was surprised at how well and easily the black stuff covered the white stuff - I was sure it wouldn't work but... they got me!

Prin, you shush ;-)

Lola Smiles said...

Oh, nice. :)

Roshan said...

Makeup or not, you do have beautiful eyes.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I think I'll pick some up!