Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bizarre sex poll

So according to recent voters, sex happens pretty much weekly or hardly at all - how does that work?!

*ponders, then gives up*

Only three days left until Christmas Eve and I work two of those days. Ack! At least all the presents are wrapped for the fambly gathering on the 25th and I also managed to spend over two hours tonight wrapping Vegas' gifts, too. Stupid paper, so beautiful yet so difficult to tape on account of the sparklies. WHAT was I thinking!

I still need to put all the bows and bling on them before Santa puts them under the tree on Wednesday.

What? He works for free for two days per year, might as well use him. It's a good thing, too, cuz I kinda blew my budget (again) this year.

It's crazy, really.

No matter how many gifts I get, it never seems like it's enough. Or that they're OK. I hate consumerism and prefer to spread thoughtful and sweet gifts throughout the year yet here I am, suckered into the hype and stressed about it all being perfect. It MUST be perfect.

*hides under couch*

But ya know... it IS a special day, we decorated this year cuz it's important to Vegas and it grew on me. It's his first year away from `home` (ie Britland) and I want this Christmas to be special, after all this is his forever home now... Nothing wrong with starting our life together on the right foot. With red stockings.

Other random thoughts:

I need to catch up on blogs, this is ridiculous. Where does time fly?!

Finally slept last night after 3 days of utter insomnia. I hope to repeat it tonight.

Any suggestions for stocking stuffers? I'm stumped this year.

I've done no Christmas baking this year, it's so sad :-(

Tomorrow's snow storm is gonna make getting around the city impossible again for a few days. Crap. Just when I need to do groceries for festivus!

And so life goes on, one blitz day at a time. I hope you are all well and on holidays (lucky bastids), let's not lose sight that tomorrow, December 21st, is the shortest day of the year and after that it's all uphill. Yey! Now that is what I call season's cheer!

/end of Spread It Like A Turkey post/

9 comments:

myself said...

The sex poll. Obviously I skewed that one. Sigh.

I'm sure you have enough of everything and that it's just wonderful all of it. Don't worry. they just try to make you worry for no good reasons as far as I'm concerned...consumerism pfft.

Rebecca Foster said...

Merry Christmas to my favorite Montrealer. Hope you have a wonderful day!

It is a very mellow Christmas for me this year, no rush of buying gifts or trying to catch up. People here know I celebrate it, but there isn't much to celebrate with over here. It's kind of nice, except I think everyone forgot about me in their busyness!

As far as stocking stuffers, I say you can't go wrong with interesting candy and jewelry. I always loved getting almond rocha in my stocking! And weird flavors of lip gloss. And socks. Oh dear, I am a nerd!

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

You know.....I never received any Xmas gift. But that's just cause I don't celebrate Xmas...still sucks though.

KA said...

Ha! I still have to actually buy presents. As for sex, I think it's 4 times a week for me. OMG I wish it were more but unfortunately, work and life get in the way.

Tonya said...

first of all, the quote of the day cracked me up. I love it.

If someone travels a lot, I think maybe sample sizes of shampoos, soap, and other kinds of small travel things make good stocking stuffers.

It's crazy how much everyone is getting snow. We're getting a lot in the mountains, but it makes me sad because I'm made the "fiscally responsible" choice not to spend money on lift tickets this year. :( I'm trying to find free ways to snowboard this year...like entering contests for tickets. That sort of thing. ha ha.

Frank said...

Well, if you're me, sex generally happens once every six months if I'm lucky.


Unless you count the times I'm by myself. Then it's much more frequent.

prin said...

*yawwwwn* If I have to shovel one more snowflake...

I told you the two words already: Gift Bags.

I work Christmas eve day. :(

I tried to bake too, but ruined my nanaimo bars. :(

Um. Lemme think of something positive. :D

I'm glad Vegas made you get Christmassier than usual. Yey! That's a good thing.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The sex poll is funny. What??? mmmmm silly people we all are.
You overspend at Christmas? That is just crazy....that is so 2007. :)
Hope the snow/ice is not too bad. Take care,
Suz

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Re: The Poll..i can see how that can happen. People get in a rut and its too hard to break out of habit.

Fetivus (ha!) Another Seinfeld Fan I see!

Happy Jingle Jolly to ya!