Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ain't got nuthin'

My brain's as empty as a bag of oreo cookies on snacking night. Wrung out like a towel after a wash n'spin cycle. Flat as a pancake.

Mmmm. Pancakes.

We got a crapload of snow today, I think it's quite pretty and refreshing... Mind you, the car's under a white mound right now (I love my seven-minute walk to work) so I didn't have to deal with any commute nightmares - thinking of poor Prin here, among others - I send you all virtual booze to unwind!

Or a punching bag, whichever you need most.

I'll bet it all melts within two days, just for the hell of it. Yey! Mucky salty slush!

My to-do list is about a mile long now. How did Christmas get to be only 15 days away all of a sudden? WTF? I've almost no shopping done, zero wrapping, and the stores are now bursting at the seams so the hell if I want to get crushed in there - aaaaaaa!

These 40+ hours of work during the week are really putting a dent in my lifestyle.

Crap!!!

/end of Must Get An Early Night post/

8 comments:

prin said...

I need a day off is what I need. It's ten and I feel like I just got home. :( I think my doggies thought I had died or something because they made a nest of my blankets.

I don't feel Christmassy at all.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

We got a ton of snow from "the north" aka you guys up there in CN. Anyway, you are seriously lucky with your commute. If I get this job, its a 10 min walk for me, but it will forever stay 76 degrees and its by the Pacific Ocean - what a refreshing view!

I share your long to-do list. We have to move 12/31 and I have nary a box packed and we have tons of stuff to donate so we wont have to move it.

Glad u like the snow and your new job (even if the hrs are long)...its always important to LOVE your job...

Katie said...

Wow, 15 days? I'm not ready yet either. I have a lot to do, and I hae to actually decorate. *sigh* Decorating is exhausting.

Here's to yummy pancakes and not feeling flattened like one.

Sian said...

My to do list is scary so I am not thinking about it. I have never been so badly prepared for Christmas ever.

KA said...

Hahaha, I really love the imagery.

Technodoll said...

Prin, it's amazing how much work sucks out of life. Plus you have a horrid commute... I really don't know how the HELL you do it. Cuddles to the furries! Them sweet thangs :-)

Daring, I can't believe you are actually moving on New Year's Eve. Do moving companies do much transport that day at all? My lordy. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes is all I can say... ** sends courage **

Katie, I think there is a black hole somewhere sucking all our hours away. ACK!

Sian, we're all in the same boat this year apparently :-o

Toughgirl, the one of my brain on the floor in a little puddle of goo? LOL!

LadyB, you've been super busy with all the thief problems and all, who can blame you? Sigh. Maybe this year, Christmas should just be celebrated with a cold bottle of champagne and that's it.

Frank said...

I guess the one good thing about not having any money is that I really can't do any holiday shopping. Looks like no over-crowded malls for me!

Rebecca Foster said...

I know the feeling!

BTW, it's a Christmas miracle,the Chinese firewall is down for blogs tonight, yay! It will probably be up again soon, so I'm afraid this will be a hit and run commenting session. But I am loving being able to read here again!

xo