Friday, July 11, 2008

Update :-(

Thanks so much for your well-wishes and prayers and words of encouragement... I'm pretty flat-out discouraged right now, doggie goes back to the vet on Monday morning for a full set of knee and hip x-rays - they're pretty sure he blew his knee *but* we have to wait and see... who knows, maybe a miracle is waiting for us somewhere.

Sigh. Damn these big dogs and their health issues.

You don't want to know what all this is costing... add the stress, the hassle of taking two dogs out seperately (and seeing one suffer) and the bad timing - Vegas and I have to go work in LA for a week in early August - and you have a load of crap to deal with.

One positive note in this post: our new mattress is a dream and we both finally got a good night of sleep; it's Friday night now and I'm off to cuddle and thank Vegas for being such a star... He gets here and one month later is already neck-deep in dramah and yet, he is my rock. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't here. Just when I think I couldn't love him any more than I do... *blush*

/end of Where's The Prozac post/

8 comments:

Dolce said...

I'm so sorry about the pup. I'll keep wishing everything gets better. And as for men, don't they just amaze you sometimes?

myself said...

geez. well. we can hope it doesn't get worse?

Harley said...

Wishing from over here!

Rachel said...

sorry about the dogs :(

What kind of mattress did you get?

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry about puppy. And I can only imagine what that is costing after my own vet adventures. :( Ah well...who needs retirement funds anyway? :)

Glad you seem to be feeling better and glad you're sleeping!

Sweet T said...

So sorry about Dakotah :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that it isn't going to be as bad as expected.

Technodoll said...

Dolce, yes... yes they do :-)

Myself, been on that train of thought the past two days. Sigh.

Kali, thank you!

Rachel, we got a latex mattress (see below post for a link to it). Best. Invention. Evah.

PrincessB, we do! we do! sigh. We will pull through - we have to. Sleep does help :-)

Sweet T, thank you! and me too wishing for a miracle. A big one.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the surgery isn’t cheap! I have a large dog as well, unfortunately he has hip dysphasia in both hips! The vet quoted me 5K per hip operation!!!

That's NOT including any medicine or vet stay's he may need.

Thankfully, he doesn't need the operation just yet and glucosamine is working like a charm! (knock on wood!)

I hope everything works out well for your dog and it won’t cost you a small fortune either!