I know my blog has been a downer the past few days... I wish I had funnier things to post and stories to share. Mleh. After the rain comes sun bla bla bla.
Thanks for sticking with me through this crap.
*rubs toe against the ground*
On a more positive note, my phone calls this afternoon (along with pleadings and a helluva lotta luck) landed me a 9am visit tomorrow morning with one of the top ortho surgeons around these parts of the world, and it looks like Dakotah aka melonhead will get his surgery tomorrow - crossing fingers it all works out.
Everyone else is either on vacation, booked, or won't return my calls so I consider myself super lucky... his credentials look fine and my vet highly recommended him in the first place.
My amazing dogsitter friend will keep Dakotah for a few days, at least until he is strong enough to tackle our 3 flights of stairs here (along with the sling and our help). I'll visit twice a day to take him out and feed him/give meds, don't want to burden my friend and I cannot abandon my boy in his time of need. Thank goodness he loves it there, it's his 2nd home.
See? Sunlight piercing through the clouds.
Thunderbolt of over four thousand dollars cracking through my bank account :-D
Anyways, it's only money right? You make some, you spend some, you spend alot, you make more eventually. Just gonna have to nix anything that is not strictly necessary for a while. Need to stay focused on the important things... my boy is strong and healthy and he will get through this, we all will.
Vegas just boarded his flight for NYC and my heart feels a bit torn up. What crappy timing. Sigh. Why can't life just stay nice when it's going well, why does it feel the need to drop a brick on our heads when we're smiling? Is it to test our resilience or something? Shit. I appreciate everything I have, I don't need disasters to know how lucky I am in the first place.
Honestly. It's pretty whacked out when you think about it.
/end of Gulp! Tomorrow Is The Big Day post/
9 comments:
Wow, well I'm glad you found someone to do it that quickly and that they come recommended.
Oh I feel so bad for everything you are going through...wish I could help out in some way :( Just stay strong and have faith that things will work out...I know that is not much right now, but like you said after the rain comes the sun ((hugs)).
Myself, me too... it was a stroke of luck, although I had to fight for it too!
Sweet T, as long as he pulls through and he lives a long healthy life after this, it will all be worth it...
Melonhead will be OK.
$$ will come later, you'll see.
Big hugs and kisses from Lola
xox
Wow. I feel for you! I am so glad you got in so quickly and I am sure he'll do fine! Fingers crossed!
That is bad timing with Vegas. But he's there for you even when he's not there. Ya know?
Get well soon Melonhead.
Anytime things seem really bad I always think of the Elliott Smith song "Pitseleh" because of the lyrics, "They say that God makes problems just to see what you can stand before you do as the devil pleases and give up the thing you love. No one deserves it." It's much better if you hear the song playing in your head.
Anyway, it's good you found someone to help you out and that you got an appointment. See? Things are looking up. :o)
Good luck today. (hugs)
I feel so bad that i dont even know whats been going on in TD world... Your blog wouldnt let me read anything for the longest time ( video's I guess was just too much for my dial up)
Big hugs, and yes the sun will follow. I promise
Post a Comment