Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Take me away

Sigh. Today is one of those days where outside beckons and my soul longs for freedom... so not fair to have to work through an entire summer, specially when summer here is so short!

Sometimes routine feels like a vise around my neck - what can I say? I work to live, just like everybody else, but where are the free hours to enjoy this life? You know? Weekends have been very tempermental weather-wise so planning any outside activities is a risk but am crossing fingers that this Saturday will finally be different.

Family corn boil and I can't miss that! Mmmm first fresh sweet corn crop... been waiting for it since last September. Bring. It. On!!

/end of Whiney post/

11 comments:

myself said...

There are nasty grey clouds out there covering the blue sky and no more sun.

At least in St Laurent.

Feel better now?

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I've been there...more times than I can count.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I am there right NOW!!!!!!!!

Sweet T said...

Yeah, it sucks when you work through the summer like that :(

Sian said...

Wales has grey and gloomy clouds too.
Who on this planet is have great weather this summer? Hands up and we'll visit.

prin said...

Is it a corn boil? I thought it was a corn roast, even though you boil the corn rather than roasting it. :D

Aren't you supposed to go away soon? :)

Technodoll said...

Myself, the rain threat has gone! wooo! are you still in the clouds?...

Daring, gotta stop counting.

WW, soon out of the zoo... soon.

Sweet T, I think teachers made the smart decision!!

Sian, I am scanning the crowd with not much success... rats.

Prin, always been called corn boil around here... so much so, that when I was young I thought it was a "corn boy"!! ha ha!!! And yes... vacation in 3.5 weeks. yippee!

Dolce said...

I feel the exact same way!!! Today I left work after a tradeshow at 2pm to hang out at the pool and now look at me. I'm addicted to e-mail and couldn't let loose 3 measly hours to go hang out at the pool with PH.

And now I'm trying to catch up on blogs. I suck!

Technodoll said...

Dolce, nah... you're just avoiding skin cancer like a smart girl ;-) (eye cancer from monitor glare does not count. I checked! ha ha)

Frank said...

I miss most of my weekends because I generally spend them in bed :(


I'm lame.

Technodoll said...

You know... those are magical weekends. Catching up on sleep, lazing around.. mmm. Heaven! Well as long as the weather is crap and there is no guilt...