Thursday, July 24, 2008

The patient patient

He was soooo happy to come home... went a bit nutters when he saw us at the vets, washed our faces and nibbled ears (as he loves to do), had a shit-eating smile on his face during the ride home - face in the wind - ah, hims a tough little bugger...

No way could I walk after such a surgery! But yet he's putting weight on the leg like a trooper, letting me do his physio (although he wasn't too fond of the ice pack) and it's hard to keep him quiet.

My dogsitter just called, poor beanie is having the heaves but has kept his dinner down so far, all these meds are just a bit much for him and I suppose the stress and excitement of coming home doesn't help. Well he's not home-home... oh, the look on his mug when I left tonight with Maika - almost broke my heart. "what? you're abandoning me again?"

Have to get up at 6:30am tomorrow and for every work day after that for a month. Sigh. Not a morning person, really really NOT a morning person.

But for him it's not even a sacrifice.

It's an honour.

/end of Early To Bed post/

15 comments:

prin said...

Aw! I'm glad he's ok. I love how he always turns bright purple though. What a drama queen. :D

Good luck with them early mornings... Eek.

prin said...

Oh, and I so love that furry sock. :D

prin said...

Oh, and lol @ bacon on the poll.

I'm done. Promise. :D

KA said...

awww it's always great to see a good puppy mom and a happy pup! Aww, i'm happy he's ok.

Sweet T said...

Awww he is such a goofball!!!I can even picture the look on his face with his head out the window :D
Yeah, mornings are yucky, but they will pass in no time, and then things can get back to normal for everyone!

Sweet T said...

Oh, lol, I just noticed the furry sock Prin was talking about, love it!!!

Harley said...

Ahhh! How sweet! Love happy endings, even if they come with mandatory early mornings...

Technodoll said...

Prin, he's a bruiser... now sporting a sock! Quite the funky poodle, eh?

Elaine, once he adapts to not being home and that I'm not abandoning him, he'll be fine...

Sweet T, goofball fer sure! Just six weeks to get through and we should be in the clear.

Kali, at least this didn't happen in the dark cold winter... imagine!! eeeek!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness, that poor pup! aaah.. that stitch is wiggin' me out. I'm no good with such things.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

OMG OMG the second picture. The poor thing. He must be in a lot of pain.

Lola Smiles said...

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I wasn't expecting that. Poor Melonhead. He soooo deserves one big fat rib steak. ;0

Feel better soon sweetie
xox

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, even better... they are metal staples.

CD, yes, he is... his leg bone got sawed in two bits and is held up by a metal plate and screws. He has pain meds though... which make him nauseous. Crap.

Lola, as soon as his stomach settles I can feed him his favorites again.

myself said...

whoah that is some bruising!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. That looks painful. He really is amazing to be walking on that. I'm glad he's back and hope he recovers well! :o)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

poor kid...ouch