I am soooo lucky to have such amazing friends like my dogsitter and Vegas, of course!
Seriously, I have no idea how I would manage the twisted logistics all by my own but with teamwork, the elephant in the oven is reduced to bite-sized morsels... Need to keep taking life one day at a time, then one more day at a time. Yeah.
The vet called this morning to say Dakotah is still off his tits and that is surprising them a bit - he is übersensitive to anaesthesia and is having a hard time coming back to reality, unlike most other dogs. Sigh. Poor beanie.
He just wants to sleep, won't eat and won't drink so he's getting quite weak despite the IV drip.
They will slowly wean him off the drugs this morning and we'll see what happens. They won't release him until he can walk and his eyes are clear or that is risking a disaster.
Please keep him in your good thoughts, I hope he can come home tonight but will only find out later today... sigh. It's hard not to feel like a bad parent but we had no choice, it had to be done. *cries*
In other news, it's still London weather today and for the next while, I don't mind much since I have to work anyways but I feel sorry for all those people on vacation! "Hey Jimmy, want to swim in the lake?" "Yeah sure, but watch out for the lighteninzaaaaaaaaaaaaappppp!"
He he.
Vegas holds conversations with himself in his sleep. It's really funny, half of it is English and the other half sounds like Ugandan slang:
"What?"
"What happened?"
"Gulaug"
"Glu glu glu glu gulaug!"
If only I could make this up, but nope. It's all for real. I love that man, even in the middle of the night he makes me smile!
/end of Hump Day post/
13 comments:
You sound so much more upbeat......that makes me happy :o)
wishing your puppy the best
Hoping the pooch gets dejunkified soon!
Also laughing at Vegas for talking in his sleep!
Fingies crossed for the pupper, and OMG you are NOT a bad dog parent, you know, I worked at a vet, when faced with large bills most people in this godforsakenpethatingprovince would have opted for the unspeakable euthanasia, I've seen it with my own eyes and no longer work with/at a vet because all I ever did was cry for dogs and pay for surgeries on other people's animals so they could be adopted to people that appreciated them (yes I did that).
So. Good parent.
(hugs) I hope he snaps out of it soon.
bah, I'm sure I said something very clever and erudite
That's funny...I talk in my sleep too..didnt know it until I got married though. Glad everything is turning around to lift things for you!
Poor Dakotah all drugged and stuff :( I hope the effects wear off soon and he can get back to the sitter's and then back with you ((hugs))
Come on Dakotah, we all want you back on your feet ASAP. Get better Sweetie! Hugs & Kissies from Lola xox
WW, the diaries will get sunnier as time goes by ;-)
Deutlich, thank you - apparently he needs it, eh?
Kali, me too! sigh. still no news from the vet and it's 5pm...
Myself, I couldn't ever deal with that. How can you have a conscience and live with yourself after such an act of cruelty?? OMG!!
Prin, yeah... still waiting. sigh.
Vegas, not even. Try again! :-D
Daring, it must amuse your husband eh? teehee!
Sweet T, thank you... I know you know what it's like!
Lola, I'm sure Dakotah appreciates the love and kissies!!
I'm taking note of the phrase "off his tits."
I like the cut of its jib.
Well I'm happy to know Melonhead is doing much better! It scary when pets undergo surgery. No one wants that.
As for the sleep walkers and talkers, coming from one who lives next to one...it keeps life interetsting.
Frank, it's an English expression... Vegas teaches me all the good stuff :-)
Dolce, ah the joys of married life! *grin*
Post a Comment