"The gods have fallen on their heads!" - an old funny movie (Botswana, 1981), this week's weather just reminded me of that French phrase cuz it is just NUTS! Showers and thundershowers for a week in a row? Coupled again with extreme humidity? WTF! It's like summer is competing with the winter we just had for the title of Shittiest Season Evah!!
*shakes fist at thunderclouds*
This weekend is for doing the least possible, it's been a helluva month so far and uugghh I need a long vacation. Preferably by the sea, with manservants and a chef and a masseuse, ooooh yeah baby.
Ain't gonna happen :-(
Lazing around the house is fun. So are watching silly movies (In Bruges, Run Lola Run, Oldboy) and having too much sex, watching hilarious Japanese game shows on youtube in bed and wishing it would never end. Sigh. Already Sunday - bleh.
Oh and my 4-year old laptop is on its last legs, had to back up everything on my external HD and pray the old clunker lasts until the new one I ordered (Dell Studio 15) gets here... I need a laptop for my job in LA on August 9th so I can't take any chances. Yep. More credit card debt wracking up by the week. Just kill me now.
Me: OMG, we're broke!
Vegas: We'll be fine!
Me: No but look at this debt! How am I going to pay off this credit card in 3 weeks? Fucking sucky commissions! I have to pay it off, I don't want to pay interest!
Vegas: We'll be fine!
Me: I haven't been this stressed about money in years!
Vegas: We'll be fine!
Me: How can you be so calm and sure about this stuff?
Vegas: Cuz I can see further than tomorrow... and we'll be fine.
Sigh. Can't argue with that, can I?
Well I tried but failed.
Herm. Time to take the kids out and run a few errands... hope the skies hold out today, I am sick and tired of everything sticking to my skin. And these goddamned fruit flies that have invaded our place can fuck OFF already! We're not running a FF charity here!
/end of Have Youself A Merry Weekend post/
6 comments:
It took years of training to develop that method of argument and persuasion ;)
seriously, vegas sounds like a hell of a catch lol.
See, I don't have the vegas counter-voice. I just have me. :D
And yeah, the humidity? It's making the pages in my bible stick together. Like, seriously, can it get any worse than that?
:D
At least the damp makes it a little cooler at the same time as it being so hot. Like I'm hot and cold at the same time. Maybe I have the flu. Hmm.
I love the movie Run Lola run!
Vegas sounds just like Cody.....
The weathers been like that here too; damn it.
Words to live by: We'll be fine. Listen to Vegas...you'll see. :-)
Post a Comment