The crick in my neck is driving me batshit!
Yesterday's massage helped a bit but apparently only enough to get stagnant blood flowing, on which the ass-migraine fed on in the wee hours of the night... thank dog for super UK drugs or else I'd be a rabid walking zombie, instead of just a grumpy walking zombie.
It's an important distinction apparently :-D
Oh well... as of tonight we sleep on THIS so I am hoping that finally, fiiinally my sore wrecked back will get a break. Yey for talalay latex?!
One last thing for this morning... a question for dog lovers more than anything else. Say you had to move and the place you choose to buy is a condo that does not allow dogs. Would you still keep looking, or would you give up your dog? (read this on my akita forum and am incensed at the debate).
/end of Crossroads post/
13 comments:
I would keep looking unless you had already planned to consider getting rid of your dogs. If the condo is a "must have" maybe you could find someone to adopt your dogs but will they always care for them the way you would??? (Dont you hate when someone answers a question with a question) *smirk*
KEEP LOOKING!
People that consider pets to be disposable PISS ME OFF! And that's bloody half this province we live in!
They are a part of my family, I'll eat kraft dinner (and have) in order for them to get the food they need, have a roof over their heads and not want for anything. They are my kids essentially.
Another thing that pisses me off (and my sister did this) are the people that get married, get a dog to see how they do with a dog and then get kids and ignore the dog that they supposedly adored so much.
Mutter mutter mutter.....this is quite the subject with me.
I raise my bottle of water to your migraine as I down a couple more tylenol 1 xtra strengths to try to dull the pressure in my brain which is becoming particularly excruciating.
OH YAY for migraine! This low pressure system can f*ck right off
Yeah...not even a question for me...keep looking. When we were looking last summer there were tons of places available that didn't allow dogs, but never once would I ever live somewhere unless Hunter and any other potential pets could live there as well.
I would never ever ever ever give Cooper up for anything. When I recently looking for a place to live Cooper was my top priority. I didn't even read the ads that said no dogs. Not only did I look for an apartment that allowed dogs, I searched for apartments that had dog parks in the area. So what is this business of giving up your dog for an apartment!! Who does that? I did have a friend who got an apartment that didn't allow dogs and her dog went to stay with her parents for a year. I was even not so on board with that but I let her slide. At least it was her folks and she did see her dog everyday.
Keep looking. It would literally kill me to leave Lia behind. She's the living creature I care about most in the world, no exceptions!
No dogs = no me.
Boo for the migraine. :(
What the hell is an "ass-migraine?"
Who does that? I had a really hard time finding places that would accept Callie, and I paid much more for a place that would accept her.
Not an issue now, but if it came down to a place, guy, job, etc or Rupert....I would pick rupert. Without a second thought.
Again..WHO does that??? there should be laws.
Do you try caffiene for the migraine? You need a vasoconstrictor for that sucker. I used to use Maxaalt for mine. Hope you feel better!
Keep looking. My dog is my little girl and there would be no way in hell I would give her up. Especially for a condo.
Thanks everyone... you echoed my thoughts and feelings on the issue exactly.
Some people should just stick to stuffed toys and stop trying to play god :-(
It would be a cold ass day in hell if I ever moved somewhere that my dogs couldnt be.
Especially since the vast majority of my dogs and cats have been the ones that "no one else wanted" until I fixed them up medically, behaviorally and what ever other ally's there are.
I could never rehome ANY of them, especially the ones that I have made promises to ( the rescues that I vowed to them that this was their last home and that they could now just be themselves and not worry) how could I break that promise?
Even though my job is highly unstable right now and i may end up heading into the great south of Ontario eventually for a few years ( who knows) I still would never think to rehome them.
I would find some way regardless of finances to have my fur kids with me. They are NEVAH going to be rehomed ( unless I am dead... even then they are willed to VERY responsible people)
Aurgh... that subject struck a nerve.
I couldn't imagine leaving my little Peanut and Butter behind =( I think it really depends on your relationship with your pets...if they are like family that would be a definite no, but some people feel pets are...well just pets. I would vote defiantly for keep looking!
i would never give up a pet for any person or place. people who do that shit PISS me off. when you adopt an animal you are making a committment to them for the duration of their life. grrr, it's so easy to keep going, but i'm sure you feel the same way :)
no soapbox for me today...
hope the head feels better!
Post a Comment