Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day... ouain!

I don't really care if we're celebrating mooses (meese?), canoes or poutines eaten in log cabins: we're off today so wooooot!

It's hot, it's sunny, and after loading up the car half a dozen times to bring stuff over to our storage unit - which we finally have access to today - we're spending part of the afternoon where else? but sitting in a movie theatre!

Soooo wish us luck for no broken backs and that Ironman won't suck.

PS: big doggy is still limping pretty badly, this is the point where I get half annoyed and half really worried. *frowns a bit*

/end of One Day of Holiday post/

12 comments:

prin said...

Bein lo. Go get x-rays already. Tsk.

Good luck with moving stuff on moving day. :D Personally, I'd wait. lol

Anonymous said...

I hope your doggie feels better soon

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

That's right - celebrate! Enjoy your movies and tell us all what you went to see.

And you should take your doggie to the doctor/vet...

Rachel said...

Frank keeps telling me about this "poutine", I told him that I am waiting until I get pregnant to try it,then I'll pig out!

Frank said...

Ironman is awesome, don't worry.


Mmmmmm...poutine...*drools*

Dolce said...

No work today? Jeez, do you Canadians ever work with your bagillion vacation days and your gazillion holidays. Get back to work!

Technodoll said...

Prin, x-rays don't show torn ligaments or pulled muscles... if he doesn't get better in a week, the vet will have to put him under very briefly to test the Drawers Sign, that would determine if it is an ACL tear or not :-(

Deutlich, thanks... me too. Sigh.

Daring, looks like plans changed and we'll hang out in the park instead: it's just TOO NICE out! And yes, vet will be very soon.

Rachel, hurry up and get that bun in the oven! mmm poutine...

Frank, here's your bib.

Dolce, deep down I know you wanna be canajun! *grin*

myself said...

Ack. Poutine.....nonononononononononononononononooonn Don't give me any ideas.

So you get to move TODAY?? Lucky bloody you!

As for the dog....hoping no ACL hoping no ACL.....ack.

Anonymous said...

Ironman was pretty good actually!

Poutine!

Why don't they have fireworks here for Canada Day? In NS I mean

Technodoll said...

Myself, finally it was just two trips to the storage and I just held doors for huffing and puffing Vegas... so happy to have a strong man! LOL

PrincessB, still have Ironman on our list of movies to see... followed by poutine. Were there really no fireworks at all in NS?! how strange!

Ginro said...

Not Canadian myself, and a bit late for Canada Day (but it's the thought that counts, lol) and I love this ad so thought it appropriate for you.

I am Canadian!

Technodoll said...

Ginro, that ad just rocks my socks! yay!