Thursday, July 17, 2008

On euphemisms

Oh man... fell on this Euphemism Generator last night and I couldn't stop clicking! Some fine examples included:

Like most guys his age, he wasn't above stretching the big porcelain dumplings.

Guess what I've been doing? That's right - rearranging the heat-seeking Cossack.

She seemed like a shy girl when they met, but a few drinks later, they were initiating the ol' Nantucket tower.

Shut the door! I'm flensing the cheap hose!

They found him naked in the alley behind the bar, dropping the trombone.


He he! Hours of fun :-D

Morning weather report: sunny and quite warm, had to leave the A/C on in the appartment for the kids so they don't cook during the day. Did I bring my umbrella? Of course not!

Afternoon weather report: rain.

Fcuk.

I took the day off tomorrow to enjoy 3 days of rain(!), I desperately need to rest and try to get some sleep. If I had to recap the past year of my life it would go something like this:

Break up with bf of 4 years, get through summer stress of work + tradeshow in San Diego, bf finally moves out, learning to live on my own with 2 big dogs & a full-time job, developping a relationship with Vegas, who then comes over for a visit, get through the longest and toughest winter of my life (shoveling out the car 9 times is no joke), deal with multiple overseas visits, love the UK wooo, turn 38 in January YUCK, Vegas finally moves here in June, re-arrange living space, deal with work stress of quarter-end, no vacation, new product launch, busier than ever, dog rips his knee and needs surgery, just when the tradeshow hell in LA is on the horizon.

Um.

I don't think 3 days will be enough!

/end of My Life Is A Freakshow post/

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh god - I love one I got:

"They hoped the neighbours couldn't see them playing hide the tractor"

Brilliant!

myself said...

Ok I absolutely hate/love you for posting the generator...personal favorite?

"Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend, massaging the joyous dance!"

If goddamned ONLY!

Well. Your year sounds like it was heavenly. NOT. But it will all be ok. Sleep helps ALL I tell you!

Technodoll said...

Elisabeth, ROTF!! M's big tractor! :-D

Myself, yeah I am dreaming of sleep, if that makes sense! he he... have fun clicking today! ps: lunch? la belle province for me so screw it all!

myself said...

Oh La Belle.

God of poutine.

mmmm best post-migraine treat EVAH!

Harley said...

I got: "Shut the door! I'm arresting the purple cherry mole!"

...which is CREEPING ME OUT!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Hey - I got: Every morning, he woke up shampooing the sacred heat-seeking V-chip.

Oh, and you are midway through the year and you reflect...though its been tough, you made it through. Now on to the second half...buckle up...you never know what you are going to get.

Technodoll said...

Myself, I hope it will be a headache cure as well! Going for it in 5 mins :-D

Kali, are you sure HH is not pushing that button? :-o creeeepy!

Daring, OMG you got the BEST one! that's hilarious :-) and yes, the glass is always half full in my world... i know how lucky i am!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you were able to get the entire year in one paragraph! You definitely may need more than 3 days.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I feel like there are a lot of little bits missing! haha What a roller coaster......

Anonymous said...

hahah I really like the dumpling one. :o)

Frank said...

I am going to make that site my homepage.

Technodoll said...

Girl1218, Vegas was upset that I left "fell in love" out :-(

WW, yep... didn't want to bore you guys toooo much... LOL!

Clarity, I'm still struggling with that one! ha ha

Frank, this I have to see!